Need help upgrading Memory Acer Nitro N50 600

Options
Jkitz
Jkitz Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi there,

I recently bought 2 crucial DDR4-2666 ram to upgrade my PC from 4gb of preinstalled ram to 16gb of the new ram. The crucial website says these are compatible but when I installed the new sticks of ram and turned the computer on, there is a long beep and no activity. I've tried installing 1 at a time, in the colour coded panels for dual channel. I've tried installing both. Still long beeps. Only thing I haven't tried is installing these along side the 4gb that's currently installed. 

I did notice the new and old ram aren't exactly the same in appearance. 

There wasn't much selection at my computer shop for DDR 4 ram and I need to know whether these should work. Thanks for your help. 

My acer part number is Part Number: DG.E0HSA.009

Answers

• Jkitz
    Jkitz Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Just an update, the reason there was a long beep is because the ram was not pushed in firmly enough. I found that I had to push the ram in and let the latch close on its own, hearing a click to ensure its in. It's working now and I have 16gb of ram in my pc
  • XxmatrixX
    XxmatrixX Member Posts: 64 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Jkitz said:
    Just an update, the reason there was a long beep is because the ram was not pushed in firmly enough. I found that I had to push the ram in and let the latch close on its own, hearing a click to ensure its in. It's working now and I have 16gb of ram in my pc
    Good to know you've figured it out!!☺