Can I use both SSD and HDD in Acer Aspire 7 laptop together.

RamanshuGawande
RamanshuGawande Member Posts: 1 New User
Can I use them together.  By default I am having only SSD so I want to upgrade the storage with on HDD. So can I install HDD in it. 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Yes, you can but you may have to buy the HDD caddy and the SATA cable if it's not already in your laptop, if you need the part numbers for them, please post the full model name, like A7xx-xx.
  • Jackie55
    Jackie55 Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
    If you change fron SSD to HDD you will notice how slow your system will be. Have a look at www.crucial.com download their scanner and it will tell you your RAM and SSD  in the system and advise on upgrade for both including cost. Very helpful site.
  • Codei
    Codei Member Posts: 1 New User
    Can I use them together.  By default I am having only SSD so I want to upgrade the storage with on HDD. So can I install HDD in it.  My model is A715-71G-51MQ
  • Callistemon
    Callistemon Member Posts: 106 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon

Yes, it can fit one spinning HDD that is 7 millimeters thick. 9.5 millimeter thick HDDs may not fit. The compartment can be accessed by removing the cover in the corner.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021
    Can I use them together.  By default I am having only SSD so I want to upgrade the storage with on HDD. So can I install HDD in it. 

"RamanshuGawande" it depends on which Aspire 7 model that you have? Is it the Aspire 7339 (that has an optical drive) or is it the A715-75G that hasn’t got an optical drive etc., give us your exact model number that you are talking about? As and if it’s an old Aspire 7 then your boot drive is always a spinner HDD and with the newer Aspire 7’s the boot drive is an SSD in GTP/UEFI format. I've got an older laptop the Aspire V3-571G and with this laptop I’ve used its optical drive space and added a caddy to use its OEM spinner HDD as a slave and its formatted in MBR/Legacy and the original 2.5" spave I've put a 2.5" SSD in GPT/UEFI mode boot drive. So give us more details of the exact Aspire 7 laptop that you are talking about?

• Chanduchaudari
    Chanduchaudari Member Posts: 1 New User
    My laptop model is A715-75G only SSD is present can I add HDD to it.is there any slot to add?
  • Inderjeet
    Inderjeet Member Posts: 1 New User
    Can I use them together.  By default I am having only SSD so I want to upgrade the storage with on HDD. So can I install HDD in it, model no. N19C5