I have no graphic card in my acer aspire zs600g is that why I’m having the black screen issue

Options
Dagoode1
Dagoode1 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
Please help I’ve been trying to fix for years 

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In answer to your original question, yes. The graphics on your G model is supposed to be a NVIDIA. On the right side there is a switch that chooses between using the NVIDIA card of an external source on the HDMI-In port. Make sure it's pointing toward the internal or else you'll have a blank screen if nothing is on that HDMI-In port.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Can you check the video card in the device manager?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    edited August 2020
    Options
    This problem can be a failure in the gpu, cpu, ram or even in the bios. Now, it is quite complicated to dismantle this all in one. 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Dagoode1 said:
    Please help I’ve been trying to fix for years 

What are the exact specs of your Aspire ZS600G? Have you got an i3, i5 etc Intel cpu? For example if you have an Intel Core i5-3330S CPU you could even upgrade the cpu to an i7 that will give you more processing power and improve your system e.g. with an upgrade to a Core i7-3770S (with its intergrated graphics GPU of the Intel HD 2500) so that it will work on your system. 

As "egydiocoelho" said "it is quite complicated to dismantle this all in one" as there are different models of the Aspire ZS600G and all these sorts of problems have different fixes. You have to have a PCIe slot in your AIO to be able to fit a graphics card, that is if it will fit into its casing? Its not just a matter of fitting a graphics card to any AIO’s. Other options also are that you could configure your Aspire ZS600G with an external graphics card which is a totally different procedure and setup, see here:  https://www.pcworld.com/article/2984716/how-to-transform-your-laptop-into-a-gaming-powerhouse-with-an-external-graphics-card.html which is another way (if you want to goto this length?) that you could do that and what it entails.etc. Because and if your cpu is faulty and/or damaged it would be a cheaper solution to replace your cpu then adding an external graphics card if you could?

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In answer to your original question, yes. The graphics on your G model is supposed to be a NVIDIA. On the right side there is a switch that chooses between using the NVIDIA card of an external source on the HDMI-In port. Make sure it's pointing toward the internal or else you'll have a blank screen if nothing is on that HDMI-In port.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Dagoode1
    Options
    billsey said:
    What is the internal sorry I’m 16 and don’t really know a lot about pcs lol.
  • Dagoode1
    Options
    This problem can be a failure in the gpu, cpu, ram or even in the bios. Now, it is quite complicated to dismantle this all in one. 
    I get 6 beeps on startup what bios code Is that and what does it mean?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Dagoode1 Is your device the zs600g?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dagoode1
    Options
    @Dagoode1 Is your device the zs600g?
    Yes sir
  • billsey
    Options
    The switch I am talking about is here:
    #2 needs to be set to video from the MB, not from the HDMI-In port.
  • Dagoode1
    Options
    billsey said:
    What does #2 look like on the motherboard? 
  • Dagoode1
    Options
    billsey said:
    That’s my MB
  • billsey
    Options
    There is no need to tear it apart. Just use the switch to change the display from external source to internal source.
  • Dagoode1
    Options
    billsey said:
    There is no need to tear it apart. Just use the switch to change the display from external source to internal source.
    Where is the switch located? And thanks for help in advance 
  • billsey
    Options
    The Switch is marks "2" in the picture. It's on the right side of the computer.
  • Dagoode1
    Options
    billsey said:
    The Switch is marks "2" in the picture. It's on the right side of the computer.
    That one sir?
  • billsey
    Options
    That is the one! :)
  • Dagoode1
    Options
    billsey said:
    That is the one! :)
    I have press that button so many time to try to get in pc mode sometimes I play my PS4 on my acer because it has a hdmi mode but every time I switch to the pc mode it goes black and says no signal 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you press the HDMI button, does something appear on the zs600g display to select the hdmi monitor?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dagoode1
    Options
    When you press the HDMI button, does something appear on the zs600g display to select the hdmi monitor?
    That’s appears on the screen 
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Select hdmi in. Does the same problem occur when using another hdmi cable? 

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dagoode1
    Options
    Select hdmi in. Does the same problem occur when using another hdmi cable? 
    No  sir but when I switch to pc mode this is what it does And when I go to hdmi In I get picture