Can't Change Microphone Default Sample Rate

Options
ryevick
ryevick Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
I just reinstalled Windows 10 YESTERDAY and haven't even finished installing the software I use and I'm running into problems. I can't change my microphone rate, it's grayed out. See photo attachments. I have uninstalled everything audio in the device manager, downloaded the most up to date drivers from Acer, installed those and rebooted. Nothing I do is working.

If I uninstall the Realtek drivers via apps and reboot, it works fine for a second and the Windows re-installs the drivers. I don't know how to get Windows to stop doing this and stick to the "generic" drivers it's using when it first sees the device aft a reboot.

I have not even gotten to the point of installing my audio interface yet. I don't want to install it until I get this (what should be basic) problem resolved.

Suggestions?

Windows 10 Home 64
Acer Aspire E 15
E5-575G-53VG

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Check here my friend:
    Problem with m401n on Windows 7 32 bit PC - HP Support Community
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ryevick
    ryevick Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Check here my friend:
    Problem with m401n on Windows 7 32 bit PC - HP Support Community

Thanks for the reply. I don't get that option when choosing no, interesting.

I solved it doing this:

https://appuals.com/how-to-disable-windows-10-from-automatically-installing-realtek-drivers/
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The difference is that the option I showed you, will stop updating all drivers through windows update.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)