acer v277u adjusts brightness on its own

Options
manolin923
manolin923 Member Posts: 2 New User
If i am on a white background, it goes bright. If i'm in a dark background, such as VS code, it dims and makes things hard to see.
i've looked through the display menu and googled online, and i'm unable to find the magic answer.
someone, please help as i'm thinking this monitor is deffective and i must return.

thanks

Answers

• manolin923
    manolin923 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I should add, I have two monitors, and the other one doesn't do this.
  • kclulu
    kclulu Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi, I'm having the same problem with the same model. This is the only post I've found with anything remotely similar. Did you ever find a solution to this? Or at least an explanation on why it happens? It's been driving me absolutely crazy, and of course it started happening right after my warranty ran out.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,893 Trailblazer
    Options

Open a new thread, you will a better response. Check the battery saving options in Windows and AcerSense/Quick Access have Ambient brightness adjustment/night light options, turn that off, Check Intel Graphics Console Ambient brightness if you have an Intel GPU.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,979 Trailblazer
    Options

Often it's dependent on the computer and GPU. We really will need to know what system you are using it with, and what that is running when \you start the new thread…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.