ACER ed272 Monitor "Cable Not Connected"

isaacfulton1234
isaacfulton1234 Member Posts: 1 New User
My ACER ed272 is showing "Cable Not Connected" when I have accidentally set it to VGA input and off auto. None of the button except for the on and off is working so i can't switch it back.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Try a power reset to get it back to normal. Unplug everything from the monitor (power, video and USB) then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds or so. Wait a bit (good time for your favorite beverage) then plug everything back in and turn it on.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Domanill
    Domanill Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the same issue and power reset did nothing
  • Annany
    Annany Member Posts: 1 New User
    So, what are the solution?because i have the same issue...😥
  • DeborahMilling
    DeborahMilling Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am working on my computer and suddenly the monitor goes black and shows VGA word among others. I have 12 GB Ram. I have lost valuable information because I don't know when it is going to happen and I have to reset the computer which means I lose content. PLEASE ADVISE
  • DeborahMilling
    DeborahMilling Member Posts: 2 New User
    I see this problem has been going on for awhile. How long before it is fixed? This is smy first ACER monitor and it doesn't want to make me buy another one.
  • NyxY
    NyxY Member Posts: 4 New User
    Solution?? power reset did not work.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @NyxY,

Are you facing the same issue ?
  • NyxY
    NyxY Member Posts: 4 New User
    Easwar said:
    Hi @NyxY,

Are you facing the same issue ?
    I am. Any solutions before I drop money in another monitor? 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @NyxY,

Did you try with HDMI cable ?
  • somanyproblems
    somanyproblems Member Posts: 1 New User
    My ACER ed272 is showing "Cable Not Connected" when I have accidentally set it to VGA input and off auto. None of the button except for the on and off is working so i can't switch it back.
    did you fix it?
  • AshishKu
    AshishKu Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 2022
    I purchased Acer EK240YC and it is showing the same issue. "Cable Not Connected". Could you please suggest the fix for this. I have a CPU that has only VGA port and I am using VGA cable to connect my monitor with. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Bring up the OSD menu and choose the appropriate source.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.