Graphics card configuration specs Aspire TC-885-UA91

Vinniel
Vinniel Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I just purchased an Acer Aspire TC-885-UA91.  Can someone tell me the slot configuration for a graphics card for this computer?  I would like to purchase a graphics card for this computer while it's on the way.  Any hints about graphics cards would be appreciated, as well.  I'm certainly not a power user, but I'd like to do some light, 1080p streaming and movies.  Thanks for your help.  I'm looking forward to the new computer.  It certainly gets good reviews!

Answers

• Vinniel
    Thanks,  Yberk! That didn't answer my question,  but it's a useful article,  nonetheless. I bookmarked it. I was more looking for the form factor of the graphics card slot.
  • Vinniel
     A ...I also read about some people having trouble with standard PCI-e cards not fitting because of problems with the attached bracket,  so I thought some graphics card recommendations would be nice
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    edited August 2020
    Vinniel said:
    I just purchased an Acer Aspire TC-885-UA91.  Can someone tell me the slot configuration for a graphics card for this computer?  I would like to purchase a graphics card for this computer while it's on the way.  Any hints about graphics cards would be appreciated, as well.  I'm certainly not a power user, but I'd like to do some light, 1080p streaming and movies.  Thanks for your help.  I'm looking forward to the new computer.  It certainly gets good reviews!

Since the Acer Aspire TC-885-UA91 comes OEM with a 300-watt power supply it limits upgrades which could limit the type of graphics card that you can upgrade to. Read this Acer Community post on what is suggested for a graphics upgrade for your Acer Aspire TC-885-UA91 and what suggested by MMK360 that he was going to do which is use a PCIe GeForce® GTX 1060 Mini ITX that is small in size and uses less than 75W power and doesn't have a PCI power cable connector, and has a recommended power of only 300 watts, see this post here: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/565697/graphics-card-compatibility-aspire-tc-885-ur19 but anyway, I would use a GTX 1650Ti which will be suitable for your usage.

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Dear Vinniel,

I bought the same computer several months ago. For streaming 1080p movies, you do not need a dedicated graphics card, the on-board graphics will do it without any issue. Just make sure your internet is fast enough. For more details, I have a detailed 4-star review on the PC at Amazon, dated May 10, 2020, that should give you an idea what you will get.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Dear Vinniel,

The PC is capable of light duty video editing too! I have merged two 1080p video clips to form a video more than six minutes. It took a little over two minutes to finish. So, one can expect somewhere around 1/3 of the movie time for editing. I did it with the original 8 GB memory. With 16 GB memory, there should be a little bit of increase in performance.

I do 1080p movie/drama streaming everyday and am satisfied with the on-board graphics, so I determined that I won't add a graphics card. Instead of leaving the PCIE 3.0 x16 slot unoccupied, I put a PCIE 3.0 x4 M.2 NVMe SSD adapter card there, so I have an additional M.2 NVMe SSD for my Linux OS. The original SSD shipped with the PC is WD SN520 x2 M.2 NVMe SSD. I have replaced it with a x4 SSD, as x4 SSD is fatser than a x2 SSD (even though the x2 SSD is already a couple times faster than regular 2.5" SATA SSD). I like to fully utilize the capabilities of my PC.

Enjoy your new PC !
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,364 Trailblazer
    @McDonal10 you should probably open your own thread with the question. Do you have exactly the same model?  What size PSU is in yours?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.