I have to keep resetting my battery. Does it need repair or can I fix it myself?

scclem
scclem Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I recently got an Acer Swift 3 in April and about every 3 weeks the computer won't turn on after being in sleep mode. I have to reset it using the battery pinhole because holding down the power button for 30 seconds doesn't work. The first time it happened I thought it was going to stop. I'm worried that if I have to keep resetting the battery the computer will permanently die on me within a year. Is there something I can do or do I need to take it in to get repaired?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Yeah, that's not normal. Does it ever get stuck other than in sleep mode? What happens when you boot in safe mode and let it sleep? Does it hang even then? If not it might be a software issue and we can try to pin it down to a specific app or driver...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • scclem
    I don’t ever put it in hibernation or shut it down unless it needs an update because I work on it every day. I’ve never put it in safe mode until recently when I had to do the latest battery resetting. Since it happens every three weeks I will have to wait a while to find out if it will continue. If it does not turn on even in safe mode, do I need to take it in to replace the battery?
  • Can you provide the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz. Also, does the same problem occur when disabling fast startup and hybrid suspension?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • scclem
    @egydiocoelho
    I have never disabled fast startup on my computer. The model is SF315-52-52YN. It’s a refurbished laptop.
  • I would first try to disable fast startup and hybrid suspension in the options to see if the problem still occurs.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)