I have A Spin One and when it died, it just stopped charging.

happyboy93
happyboy93 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Anytime I try and turn it on (charging or not), the orange charging light flashes 2 times.
My model number (if needed, will give first 4 digits of serial. if full serial needed, I will send via email.) is 

SP111-33.

Can anyone help? This just somehow happened. I still have warranty. If I can't get this working, I am switching to iPad Pro with magic keyboard. Nice job at failing your costumers, Microsoft!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    IIRC the battery indicator is blue when fully charged, amber while charging and flashes amber when it detects a failed battery. I think this model is old enough that it doesn't have a battery reset pinhole, but check to be sure. What we typically do as a first step when this error shows up is a battery reset. Sometimes the batteries just get confused and report bad info. If you have the reset hole it' easy, just use a paperclip and with power disconnected press the reset button for 15-30 seconds, release the button and wait 15-30 minutes (good time to have a beverage) plug back and wait for the blue light to indicated a full charge and turn it back on. If you don't have a battery reset hole the process is the same, except instead of pushing the button you actually open up the bottom of the machine, disconnect the power cable from the battery/motherboard connector and press the power button while it's disconnected. The rest is the same as if you had the pinhole.
    Let us know if it helps or doesn't...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.