Booting from USB Model # c24-960

mellaby
mellaby Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
When I hit F12 at boot up I can't get into boot menu to select a bootable USB. I have turned off secure boot, enabled boot menu. I can't find a option to go to legacy mode.

Answers

• Have you ever converted the usb stick to gpt and formatted it in fat32? In this model, to activate legacy mode, it is necessary to activate launch csm. When you put the launch csm to never, uefi mode is activated.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mellaby

Tinkerer

My usb stick is OK. Turns out the F keys are shifted. I had to hit Fn/F12 to get into the Boot Menu.
  • Can you send some photos of the bios settings?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • mellaby

Tinkerer

All my bios settings are set to default now. Secure boot is on and boot menu is on. Del, F12 still show up on boot up. The only problem is a aggravating beep on boot up. 
  • I suggest you try to convert the usb stick to gpt:
    diskpart
    list disk
    sel disk x
    clean
    convert gpt
    create partition primary
    format fs=fat32 quick
    assing

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mellaby

Tinkerer

As I said before the USB stick boots into Win 10 2004 fine. I downloaded the file from Microsoft and it works great on all my PC's.
  • You said it here "When I hit F12 at boot up I can't get into boot menu to select a bootable USB. I have turned off secure boot, enabled boot menu. I can't find a option to go to legacy mode. " You are trying to install the operating system in legacy mode, correct? If you are trying to install windows in legacy mode, you have to activate launch csm and convert the usb stick to mbr and format it in fat32.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mellaby

Tinkerer

There is no legacy mode on this PC, and does not need it. Some of my older PC's needed legacy mode to boot to a USB.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    mellaby said:
    My usb stick is OK. Turns out the F keys are shifted. I had to hit Fn/F12 to get into the Boot Menu.
    @egydiocoelho, as you can see he already found the solution. He is able to get in and boot now.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.