Intel Rapid Storage Technology uninstall

wiktorrwiktorr Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi,
I want to install ubuntu 20.04 on my acer Swift SF514 - 54T with Windows 10, but I get the message that I need to uninstall RST first. I don't have any option in Bios to do that.
What I have to do with that?

Best Answer

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho Posts: 58,689 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Good Morning! The ideal is to disable fast startup in the power options of windows 10 and enable safe boot. To activate safe boot, press windows + r and type msconfig. Go to system boot and click on safeboot. Then restart windows, access the bios, go to the main tab, press ctrl + s and change the sata mode to ahci:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

FAQ & Answers

• egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho ACE Posts: 58,689 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Good Morning! The ideal is to disable fast startup in the power options of windows 10 and enable safe boot. To activate safe boot, press windows + r and type msconfig. Go to system boot and click on safeboot. Then restart windows, access the bios, go to the main tab, press ctrl + s and change the sata mode to ahci:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • wiktorrwiktorr Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you very much it workred
  • egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho ACE Posts: 58,689 Trailblazer
    you are welcome.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer