Spin 3 compatible styluses? SP314-53GN

Theta
Theta Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I've been trying to find the answer for a while, but i haven't been able to get an actual answer thus far so I figured i'd try here.

I have a SP314-53GN that came with it's own stylus, but it seems that barely even holds a 10 minute charge now so I was looking to get another one (I use this laptop for digital art)
I saw the stylus compatibility chart, but the single compatible stylus pen (Maxeye MPP Active Stylus series) that could work for it doesn't seem to exist in the market place anywhere.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what tablet pens would work, I was looking at the Bamboo Ink Plus but i'm not sure if anyone's had any experience with it working with a Spin 3, or more specifically my model number, or if anyone knows whether or not any active stylus will work with this model.

Thanks so much in advance!

Answers

• jogama
    jogama Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello, @Theta have you had any success? I'm also looking for a drawing stylus for the Spin 3. I just called wacom, and they informed me that none of their styluses are compatible.
  • Theta
    Theta Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2020
    jogama said:
    Hello, @Theta have you had any success? I'm also looking for a drawing stylus for the Spin 3. I just called wacom, and they informed me that none of their styluses are compatible.
    @jogama Unfortunately, after doing a bunch of digging, there wasn't anything besides the stylus it comes with that actually works with the laptop in terms of applying pen pressure.

However, if your computer is under a year old and you're suffering the same issue I had where the tablet pen it came with is losing battery life, they will just send you a free replacement. If you're having pen sensitivity issues in general i'd also look to the program; I know Paint Tool SAI doesn't like window's built in pen program and causes jitters. Fire Alpaca seems to work relatively alright, and Clip Paint Studio (although costs money) works wonders! 

Either way, hopefully you can have some luck