Diagnosis Help Please

Options
ManagerMatt
ManagerMatt Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Please Help...I used to consider myself pretty computer savvy. I have an ACER laptop that has all the sudden stop working. It went from working fine, to not even trying to boot. I have already tried restarting the laptop. At most I get the ACER logo (after around 15-20 minutes of black screen), at the least I’ll get a black screen with a fan running occasionally. My initial thought is a bad hard drive, but I’m afraid it could be a motherboard failure. If anyone has thought or ideas, they would be very appreciated. 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Good evening ManagerMatt !

Which EXACT laptop model?
    Have you checked at Bios if the HDD is recognized normally?
    Have you tried simply reinstalling the OEM system?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• ManagerMatt
    Options
    I have an ACER Aspire VNZ-791 series
    i cannot get into BIOS to check anything. I don’t care to restore to factory settings, I just can’t get into the settings to try it.
  • ManagerMatt
    Options
    That should be a VN7-791 Series 
  • MaClane
    Options
    Then remove the HDD and try to access the Bios

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• ManagerMatt
    Options
    Unfortunately, still getting the same response (nothing happening other than fans circulating occasionally and backlit keyboard. The HDD is removed. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MaClane
    Options
    In that case you will have to disassemble and perform a complete test on all hardware.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™