Acer Swift 5 NU-SF514-54T WARRANTY Problem

maciej991
maciej991 Member Posts: 8 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi everyone , I have bought brand new swift 5 NU-SF514-54T form Argos after 2-3 moths I have noticed problem charging port so immediately contact to acer service they arranged for me UPS I did everyhing  what was listed  in pdf attachment plus I have checked in UK Acer warranty 2in1 about pick up etc. ->  [ (1) Mail-in: ]..  additionaly i've asked if i can add extra money for 350mx becasue as it cost me quite alot for that machine it would be all together equivalent to the new model isn't , so few days leater they replied me back picture below.  achh I almost forgot I've taken pictures, before of shipping my laptop in case of something may happend  to my laptop.

14/07/20 . Pick up arrangement

on the following day they successfully tested my laptop nice i was happy that they'll replace dc power in my laoptop becasue was under warranty 9 more months I did asked if i can do the upgrade for newer model but same case but unfortunately worst happen to me .

I did answer them back on that attachment ->> : Hi upgrading my machine up to mx 350 its too expensive ,what do i want just to fix ( dc power jack /w)  and cost of returning my machine was not mentioned in any email before and not even in acer warranty..

BTW I've thought its MX350 but unfortunately its not ,  VERY PROFESSIONAL service !!! LOL , it is outdated MX250   - >> NB.HHV11.002 MAIN BD.W/CPU.I5-1035G1.OB8GB.MX250

Answer again : Hi upgrading my machine up to mx 250, 350 its too expensive ,what do i want just to fix ( dc power jack /w)  and cost of returning my machine was not mentioned in any email before and not even in acer warranty.
all the time i was tring to tell this customer service that i'm not entilted to pay you 50 punds for delivery return and also for assesment which does not including fixing my machine really outrageous unprofessional service !! not recommended to anyone even for my enemies lol
And the las one

This story never end up im guesing i've spend more to calling them then the cost of it worst service ever i'm just hopeless additionaly
imagine some of you buing high end expensive product from acer even this ultra-thin nootebooks for your daily wrok and after few months or , weeks
this may happen to you and you cannot do your work properly and even you may be fired becasue you can't deliver your procject on the time
anyways i'll be updating this page about my laptop