Queries over a couple of issues with the CG437K monitor..

gamerbwoi
gamerbwoi Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
So, the RGB' strips are magnetic and not sticky, if i put sticky backed magnets on the monitor is this going to damage the screen in any way? (Like the old CRT's)
Otherwise, if i buy a corsair set of RGB's with sticky back, will they fit in the RGB controller port? Ill do a swap around with my case..

Ive had issues with flickering, which is down to poor bandwidth in the single display port, this was fixed by adding another display port.
Should G-sync be visible in the Gpanel? Its only visible with 1 dp, but then it runs only ok at 60HZ.
With the 2 display ports, it runs great at 4k 144hz, but there is no Gsync visible in the panel.
Im guessing this is because Nvidia havent written that into an update yet?

Also, should my screen be recognised as 8 bit SDR?
Surely it should say HDR -In windows display properties? Im guessing this is down to a driver not being well written?
Many thanks,

i5, 2080ti, 16g RAM. avg75-80 FPS BF5

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    If the RGB strips are magnetic you don't need more magnets, just some sticky backed strips of iron or steel. The magnets will stick to the strips.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • gamerbwoi
    gamerbwoi Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    If the RGB strips are magnetic you don't need more magnets, just some sticky backed strips of iron or steel. The magnets will stick to the strips.
    Well yeah, but magnetic strips are substantially cheaper than sticky backed iron/steel.