A200 A secure connection cannot be establish

df1995df
df1995df Member Posts: 2 New User
I'm on my college Wi-Fi. Loved in and password. Somethings my a200 displays fine, like Facebook. Others, liketlike nytimes.com it claims "A secure connection could not be established". Meanwhile I'm able access anything on my Android phone right next to it. I've re-set the tablet. No change. Also, when I try to update the system in settings, I get the error message that the signal strength is not good enough. I've used this wifi with windows, Android and Linux a thousand times without these problems on.this Wi-Fi

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    edited August 2020
    It's the browser that's complaining. Those older browsers sometimes don't support any of the newest encryption types and will throw the error when attempting to connect to a website that uses the new encryption.
    The update thing is the update software trying to make sense of why it can't connect to the update servers. Those servers were taken down several years ago, so they don't respond to a request to look for updates. Since the software doesn't get a response from the servers, the internet must be down. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Newness2000
    Newness2000 Member Posts: 1 New User
    How do i fix this. If i have the same problem. My email works but my tablet says the exact same thing. How do i update my software if i cant connect with the servers anymore? 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    There are no more software updates for that tablet. Ice Cream Sandwich is as new as it gets...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.