Aspire 5742 Ram Upgrade

Options
ckane89
ckane89 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi, 

I'm trying to upgrade my Acer Aspire 5742 ram from the installed 2x 2GB to 2x 4GB. I've purchased 2x Kingston KVR16LS11/4 ram chips but when I swap them out the laptop will no longer boot up, restarting itself upon reaching the windows loading screen. 

I've checked the BIOS (v1.30) and the new memory is detected there but Windows doesn't seem to like it. I've tried with only using 1x 4GB chip, 1x 2GB & 1x 4GB, 2x 4GB but to no avail. Only the original 2x 2GB chips seem to work. 

Anyone smarter than me know what might be the problem here?

Many Thanks

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Do you send a picture of the rams memories? Also, are you using an x64 windows? The x86 versions do not support more than 4gb of ram.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ckane89
    ckane89 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Do you send a picture of the rams memories? Also, are you using an x64 windows? The x86 versions do not support more than 4gb of ram.
    Hi, I'm using x64 Windows 10 Home. 

Are you looking for a photo of the chips themselves or the specs? sorry for the stupid question :)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yes! I would like to know if it is a ddr4, ddr3 or ddr3L memory?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dato777
    Dato777 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello. I have a 64-bit operating system and  windows 7 ultimate on my acer aspire 5742z. It has 2gb ram, and i want to replace it with 4gb, since laptop works really slow. After i replace it with the one i show in picture attached, windows restarting all the time and blue screen shows up. Please help