Error on Predator Helios 300 while playing games! What could be the issue?

akshaypokle
akshaypokle Member Posts: 2 New User
So I found some new BIOS drivers on the Acer website, I updated my laptop BIOS and then the problem started.
Now, whenever I try to play games on it, after around 5 minutes it just freezes and then the windows blue screen appears saying "Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart" so I thought it was a one-time problem and restarted the laptop and launched the game again and the same error occurred again.
So the blue screen error occurred 2-3 times as I tried starting games and the one time when I was restarting the system after the blue screen error it said "No bootable device", it was solved with the help of BIOS so I thought that the blue screen problem could occur because I updated the BIOS.
So I googled about it and someone said that resetting windows could help but it didn't, then someone said it could be a BIOS issue.
After I updated the BIOS I played Farcry 5 and there was no problem, the blue screen error only occurs when I play Watch Dogs 2 and The Crew 2. I still play PUBG mobile with Gameloop installed and it works fine.
Can someone help with this issue!

The laptop is: Predator PH315-52
It only has one SSD in which both the windows and the games are loaded.

Answers

• Valija123
    Valija123 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

could you solve the problem? And if so, what was it? Thank you
  • akshaypokle
    akshaypokle Member Posts: 2 New User
    There was a error code on the windows blue screen (driver state failure) when it crashed, so I searched it on YouTube and it worked out.
  • sitaw
    sitaw Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Sorry, I know this is an old thread. But what solution you did to fix the BSOD issue? Did you identify the root cause of the bluescreen?

Thanks a lot!