Acer Aspire 3 left hinge?

corruptor
corruptor Member Posts: 1 New User
The left hinge of my laptop suddenly broke and is now literally splitting the front cover of the lcd from the lcd whenever I open it. also two screws fell off when the lcd cover split or opened. is this a common problem? I seem to be seeing a lot of problems such as this. It's been 4 months since the laptop was sold though so the question is, can I return this laptop since it is still under warranty? I am afraid that they might just label it as an accidental damage done by me when it fact it seems to be a common problem with acer laptops. so what are my options here? Ive had an acer aspire 8 years ago but it took 3 years for the hinge to break. I thought I just got unlucky back then so I decided to buy ANOTHER acer aspire laptop. Im beginning to really regret it now tbh

Answers

• Britmummybites
    Britmummybites Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi. i just joined as i got the exact same problem but with the right hinge. Bought it in November last year. I have been trying to find out and have been emailing them. Got told if it's physical damage that they won't repair. so asked what do they mean by physical damage and mentioned that i thought that the metal hinge was to strong and that the casing was sub par. Got a reply back stating that hinges are not under warranty and would be a chargeable fee. 
  • I don't know what legal trade issues are like in your country. However, I believe that it should be up to the Acer repair center to prove that the damage was or was not caused by the user. Here in Brazil, this problem is usually fixed in warranty.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Pontiusmax01
    Pontiusmax01 Member Posts: 1 New User
    corruptor said:
    The left hinge of my laptop suddenly broke and is now literally splitting the front cover of the lcd from the lcd whenever I open it. also two screws fell off when the lcd cover split or opened. is this a common problem? I seem to be seeing a lot of problems such as this. It's been 4 months since the laptop was sold though so the question is, can I return this laptop since it is still under warranty? I am afraid that they might just label it as an accidental damage done by me when it fact it seems to be a common problem with acer laptops. so what are my options here? Ive had an acer aspire 8 years ago but it took 3 years for the hinge to break. I thought I just got unlucky back then so I decided to buy ANOTHER acer aspire laptop. Im beginning to really regret it now tbh
    I also have the same issue with my acer aspire 3. It's not been up to a year since I got it and the left hinge also got stiff
  • Charlie17Bucket
    Charlie17Bucket Member Posts: 4 New User
    What are the screw called that fit into that hinge?