Acer Nitro VG270 Washed Colour Issues

Options
officialrubix
officialrubix Member Posts: 1 New User
I got the monitor about a week ago, and the colours worked completely fine right out of the box on "User" mode, and I had to make minimal changes.

Today when I tried launching a game on Steam, the monitor turned off for a second, before turning back on and having all of the colours washed out. It looks like there is grey overlay over the entire screen, causing the vibrance to be lost.

I tried switching to HDR mode, and it sort of helped with the vibrance, but it ruined the contrast and brightness settings. When I turn the monitor off and on again the bootup "Acer" logo seems to be in normal colour, but when it shows my desktop everything is washed out.

Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Streak
    Streak Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options
    had the same issue solved by right clicking on desktop >display settings> HDR On to Off

Answers

• caussie
    caussie Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    no idea how to ask a question of my own...so tagged into yours.....I had an Acer Aspire V for around 10 years, loved it...I bought and HP and it crapped out in 18 months so the insurance co replaced. I asked for an Acer Aspire...yesterday I received the Acer Aspire 5...my old Acer had wonderful colours and in the last 6 months of its life the colours faded and became washed out... The new Acer Aspire 5 looks like the old one, where are the vibrant colours...personally I can hardly see the icons at the bottom of my screen...Please help, surely this is not what it supposed to look like...
  • jak2k
    jak2k Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I got the monitor about a week ago, and the colours worked completely fine right out of the box on "User" mode, and I had to make minimal changes.

Today when I tried launching a game on Steam, the monitor turned off for a second, before turning back on and having all of the colours washed out. It looks like there is grey overlay over the entire screen, causing the vibrance to be lost.

I tried switching to HDR mode, and it sort of helped with the vibrance, but it ruined the contrast and brightness settings. When I turn the monitor off and on again the bootup "Acer" logo seems to be in normal colour, but when it shows my desktop everything is washed out.

Any suggestions?

I have the exact same problem. Did you find a solution? Or does anyone else have any suggestions?
  • KamKd
    KamKd Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I made an account just to post this. The culprit is the Windows HDR setting in Settings -> System -> Display. Turn that setting off and you'll be fine.
  • Arkfrostbite
    Arkfrostbite Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Yes i just figured it out under nvidia display settings go to vibrance mode in the colour setting and shift that puppy up to what ever ur comfortable with 
  • Streak
    Streak Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options
    had the same issue solved by right clicking on desktop >display settings> HDR On to Off
  • VoidVix
    VoidVix Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    KamKd said:
    I made an account just to post this. The culprit is the Windows HDR setting in Settings -> System -> Display. Turn that setting off and you'll be fine.
    I made an account just to thank you! That worked for me.