Acer Spin 5 SP513-51-5927 no longer charging even when plugged in

DanielO1228
DanielO1228 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi,

I've had an issue with my laptop ever since replacing the battery. I had moved it to access the mouse pad, so I could clean it. Ever since replacing it, the laptop would no longer charge the battery and it does not turn on without the charging cable plugged in.

I've looked on the internet and have tried the following methods:
- Deleting and reinstalling battery manager under Device Management
- Installed a new BIOS update
- Reset Windows entirely
- Held down the power button for 30 seconds
- Hit the reset button with a pin underneath the laptop for 5 seconds

I have not tried resetting to the previous BIOS update - if someone could tell me the keys to press for that, that'd be helpful. I've tried doing it during start up and I end up hitting the wrong keys. The keyboard ends up not working after that and I have to restart the laptop again.

Is there anything else to try? As far as I can tell, no parts were damaged when replacing the battery and the cable works fine - it's keeping the laptop alive now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    It could be an issue with the replacement battery. Batteries these days have their own intelligence and it might be telling the system it's something other than the right one. The reset procedure is more than just pressing the button for 5 seconds, you need to disconnect from power, press and hold the button for long enough (I typically ask users to do it for 15-30 seconds, then wait 15-30 minutes to allow residuals to bleed off, then reconnect power and wait for the charge indicator to show full charge, then turn it back on. If you are too impatient it won't fully reset and fix the problem.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.