Can I plug in a HDD activity LED on the motherboard of the GX-785?

KilerLoL
KilerLoL Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I recently switched the case of my PC for more room inside and I noticed there is a pin connector labelled "HDD LED" and i was wondering if I could plug it on the motherboard somewhere? Its a small connector, 2 pins wide and this is the port that look interesting to me but idk where to plug it in.Acer Predator G3 710 FRONT PIN CONNECTORS HELP  Acer
But I also think there is no pins for this purpose, wich would make sense but I still want to ask.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    check here:
    Acer Aspire TC-885-ACCFLi5 - Need pin layout for front panelpower
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    check here:
    Acer Aspire TC-885-ACCFLi5 - Need pin layout for front panelpower
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Did the diagram above help you?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• KilerLoL
    KilerLoL Member Posts: 3 New User
    Did the diagram above help you?
    yup! i just needed to plug the connector the right way (not upside down) because at first it worked but the led would turn off only when there was activity on the hdd, and now everything works as it should, it turns on only when there is activity