Acer Aspire A515-54G Camera is not working

ShivakumarK
ShivakumarK Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
My Laptop model is Acer Aspire A515-54G.
It is using HD user facing Camera. The Camera was working fine. But suddenly it has stopped working. The Camera is not working with any Camera Desktop and Web Apps. I have also done Windows 10 update. I am not sure the Windows update has caused this issue.

I have tried all the possibilities such as upgrading/Uninstalling and reinstalling the camera driver. Windows Device Manager says the Camera driver "HD user Facing" is up-to-date. I tried finding a camera driver on Acer Website for this model. But I couldn't find any such drivers. 

Now, I really need Acer Community help to get rid of this problem. Because of this, I am struggling to do WFH in Pandemic situation.
Note:I can give you additional information about the issue in case you need in this regard.
Please help me.

Answers

• EricOH
    EricOH Member Posts: 3 New User
    I am having the same issue
  • Shivaruna
    Shivaruna Member Posts: 1 New User
    @EricOH
    Finally the issue has been resolved in my laptop.
    I tried all the Software(driver programs etc) possibilities to resolve it.But nothing worked.
    Even Acer service Engineer could not resolve it using any software updates.
    The Service Engineer eventually found that camera is faulty.
    So he just replaced the camera. Now it is working fine.
    Finally one thing I realised that all computer systems are made up Hardware or Software units.
    When we debug the issues, we must think about both the perspectives(Hardware and Software)😁