Wifi and Bluetooth Missing - Acer Swift 3 SF314-55G

aromakc
aromakc Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
My laptop SF314-54G froze a couple of months ago and WiFi, Bluetooth and sometime sound driver didn't worked. I tried deleting and manually installing but it didn't worked. In device manager there are Yellow  exclamation sign ! and when i reinstall Windows10 even Ubuntu same problem.
Now in setting there are no WiFi and Bluetooth option.

I have been using USB tethering from android to UPDATE drivers. 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,916 Trailblazer
    Do this first, go to Device Manager > Network adaptors > right click the Wireless Network Adapter (which is your wireless card) > Uninstall device, which will completely uninstall the driver, do the same for the Bluetooth driver too.

After, download the latest BT/WiFi drivers for your card and
     reinstall the BT/WiFi driver and after installation press F3 or Fn + F3 together to make sure that the BT/WiFi is activated. If this does not work, undo the back cover and check the if the BT/WiFi card hasn’t moved out of its plug and/or there is no oxidation on the slots, take the card out and clean its slots and make sure that the two white/black arial wires are also pugged in correctly and fully. If after all this the BT/WiFi card does not work then the card is faulty and replace it.