Acer laptop model(Acer Swift SF315-51G) power indicator light issue

JamilAhmad
JamilAhmad Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

When I turned off my laptop its turned off but that power indicator light always on with yellow/amber color even the laptop is off but that light stays amber/yellow color, I read about that its s3 state i think but i don't know how to disable this thing, so when I turned off my laptop it's completely turned off and none of light stays on, please someone help me,
here is the screenshot
https://prnt.sc/tpipiy

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    How are you turning the laptop off?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JamilAhmad

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    How are you turning the laptop off?
    Using normal action like click on start and then click on shutdown option that's it, laptop completely turned off but that light still stay on I don't know what's wrong or which option needs to be disabled/enabled

• billsey
    Ok, there are two indicator lights. The one that has the tiny light bulb symbol next to it should show the power status. It will be on when the laptop is on and off when the laptop is off. The second on has a battery symbol next to it and it will be orange when the battery is charging and blue when fully charged. The second one is on even when the laptop is off as long as power is connected. Is that the one you are seeing?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JamilAhmad

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Ok, there are two indicator lights. The one that has the tiny light bulb symbol next to it should show the power status. It will be on when the laptop is on and off when the laptop is off. The second on has a battery symbol next to it and it will be orange when the battery is charging and blue when fully charged. The second one is on even when the laptop is off as long as power is connected. Is that the one you are seeing?
    nope that's not the battery light as long as I know its power button with the light symbol, so its blue when a laptop on and its become amber/yellow when laptop off I tried to connect USB cable and tried to charge a mobile device, I thought maybe there is still power in a laptop that's why that yellow light on but there is no power in a laptop though laptop fully turned off but still that yellow light on, you can check this screenshot, this is the light am talking about
    https://prnt.sc/tpipiy
    or check video
    https://www.loom.com/share/710f00b808f24a48953edffa936faeea

Thanks for your time, much appreciated your helping me hope we will solve this issue.
  • billsey
    The video would have been better to show the laptop open and running, then doing a shutdown to turn it off, while watching the light. Just showing the light as lit doesn't show the status of the notebook as well...
  • Does the same problem occur when restarting the battery?
    Is it possible that the problem is related to this bios correction?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JamilAhmad

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    The video would have been better to show the laptop open and running, then doing a shutdown to turn it off, while watching the light. Just showing the light as lit doesn't show the status of the notebook as well...
    Hey Billasey, hope you doing well, here is the video I recorded for you, please have a look, much appreciate your help and time, hope we will fix this issue
    https://streamable.com/iqhgx8
  • Why is there a plastic on the display? About the problem, try disabling fast startup:
    Enable This Setting to Make Windows 10 Boot Up Faster
    Then, press the shift key and click shutdown so that the laptop is actually turned off!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JamilAhmad

Tinkerer

Why is there a plastic on the display? About the problem, try disabling fast startup:
    Enable This Setting to Make Windows 10 Boot Up Faster
    Then, press the shift key and click shutdown so that the laptop is actually turned off!
    Already tried this option and I tried that shift button trick as well, but still stay that light stay on even laptop turned off, and that plastic for safety purpose :) 
     also tried this option as well, i searched for that but didn't found any solution till now, much appreciate your time, let me know if you have any other trick that i can use
  • billsey
    Ok, thank you for that video, it really did a good job showing exactly what was happening. :)
    It looks like that behavior is actually what is supposed to be happening. Here is the description of those two lights from the service guide:
    I am pretty sure the "Orange color breeze" is a poor translation and they actually mean "Orange color blinking" with the shown values in seconds, so a slow blink for sleep state S3. I guess they aren't too worried about the battery running down by displaying that one light...
  • JamilAhmad

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Ok, thank you for that video, it really did a good job showing exactly what was happening. :)
    It looks like that behavior is actually what is supposed to be happening. Here is the description of those two lights from the service guide:
    I am pretty sure the "Orange color breeze" is a poor translation and they actually mean "Orange color blinking" with the shown values in seconds, so a slow blink for sleep state S3. I guess they aren't too worried about the battery running down by displaying that one light...
    Sorry for the late reply, so is there a way to off that light? or don't need to worried about that because it shows that the system is off? can we disabled s3 state? sorry am not much experienced with this kind of thing, so what should you suggest? should I leave that light on and not worry about anything? or is there a way to off that light?
  • billsey
    I don't think there is anything we can do about it, other than putting a piece of black tape over it if the light is bothersome. :)
  • JamilAhmad

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    I don't think there is anything we can do about it, other than putting a piece of black tape over it if the light is bothersome. :)
    i was afraid about like if that light turn on always it will get fuse lol so if it's normal then its totally fine thanks for your help and time, stay blessed!
  • Although this behavior is considered normal, will it interfere with the battery life?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JamilAhmad

Tinkerer

Although this behavior is considered normal, will it interfere with the battery life?
    nope, it does not interfere with the battery its only stay on!
  • billsey
    Well, eventually it will, but that LED uses so little power that it would take a very long time to drain the battery enough to hurt anything. Just don't put the laptop in a closet for months and months. :)
  • JamilAhmad

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Well, eventually it will, but that LED uses so little power that it would take a very long time to drain the battery enough to hurt anything. Just don't put the laptop in a closet for months and months. :)
    sure i will, thanks man! thanks for your help and time
  • JamilAhmad

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    sure i will, thanks man! thanks for your help and time
    Hi Billsey, hope you doing well, am back with another issue am facing with my laptop, if you have time can you please help with this, it only happens sometimes, but when it happens it happens for three to four times in a row like a window start normally then this screen shows up then window restart then again when window starts its show up again and so on till three to four times and then its gets disappeared and I can use the laptop normally, I deleted Nvidia card driver I thought may its issue with this and am using a normal display driver of the laptop(my laptop have two display one is default one and one is Nvidia gaming card) but still showing that sometimes three to four-times, can you guide whats this issue really is? 
  • Does the windows event viewer register an error?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JamilAhmad

Tinkerer

Does the windows event viewer register an error?
    i didn't get you am not expert with this stuff sorry, but it happens sometimes for three to four times and things get normal after that, the window is up to date and registered, so should I formate window and do new installation? or should i remove all drivers and install them from start?