My Acer swith 7 (SW713-51GNP) won't go to sleep.

boethiah
boethiah Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello, I have my Acer switch 7 SW713-51GNP updated to windows 10 2004 few days ago. I have noticed that my laptop wont sleep unless I detach the keyboard, then it can go to sleep based on how I set the sleep timer. I have set my screen would turn off 1 minute, but then, every time it wants to turn off the display, the touchpad icon on screen would pop out and my keyboard would light up, just like  when pressing the enable/disable touchpad button. This prevents my laptop from going to sleep mode. Everything runs just fine when I detach the keyboard. This happens after the update.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Hmm, I'm not seeing anything like that with mine. Is there a chance you have an app that's doing the waking? Try booting in safe mode to see if it happens there.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • boethiah

Tinkerer

Nope, i dont really think that my apps would cause that. Just normal software installed. It just happened after windows update. Then i rolled back to previous version of windows and the problem is now gone. But then it got worse for having random bluscreen crashes. Maybe its the driver or hardware problem, now my device is being under repair. Thank you anyway :D
  • Does the same problem occur even if you activate this function on the USB port?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • switch7User
    switch7User Member Posts: 9 New User
    Here is the same situation after major update of windows build 2004. 

Can you confirm that keyboard lights goes on every 1 minute, even you do not press anything which I think it prevents to go sleep . 

• boethiah

Tinkerer

Here is the same situation after major update of windows build 2004. 

Can you confirm that keyboard lights goes on every 1 minute, even you do not press anything which I think it prevents to go sleep . 

Yes, the keyboard will lit up every time when it should start sleeping. I was thinking of the same thing, maybe that is the one that prevents the device from going to sleep. It will go to sleep when the keyboard is detached. For me, I rather rolled back to previous version of windows. 
  • Does the same problem occur when updating the bios?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Raoul01
    Raoul01 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited October 2020
    Same problem here after major Windows update version 2004, ‎17-‎10-‎2020.
    Still no solution?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Zelfde probleem hier na grote Windows update versie 2004, ‎17-‎10-‎2020.
    Is er nog geen oplossing voor dit probleem?
  • Raoul01

Tinkerer

Also I have latest version of BIOS.
    -----------------------------------------
    Ook is de laatste versie van BIOS geïnstalleerd.
  • billsey
    @Raoul01 please start a new thread with your question. Include the full model number, what you are seeing, what you expect instead and what you have tried so far.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Raoul01

Tinkerer

Dear Bilsey,

I am sorry, It took me so much time, so I will only give a short description about what happened.
    And I can say a solution will follow.
    So it will not have much use to start a new thread / discussion.
    I have done all the work with the Acer team with everything you are asking for, with regard to information.

First of all I tried to go back to undo my last Windows.
    This because at first the Dutch Acer team asked me send the notebook back for repair or do a complete reset. 
    It gave me more and more problems until many blue screens and no internet.
    At some moment I came into contact with a memeber of the team in Holland.
    We were able to reset the system complety and got it to work exactly like after last update.
    The problem has been forwarded to the Acer world wide solution team now.
    It took many many hours but the problem now has been acknowledged as n software problem.
    They could reproduce it and they will solve it asap.

I would advise everybodey not to try everything and wait for the solution, because you will only kill the software on your computer.

Kind regards,
    Raoul
  • Raoul01

Tinkerer

Hi,

Today the problem seems gone, though I did not notice any new download / update.
    Also the laptop was unstable after clean install, but seems stable now.
    I have added this info to the open ticket.
    Maybe Acer silently released some kind of update, but if the problem is solved I am happy.

Regards,
    Raoul
  • Raoul01

Tinkerer

edited November 2020
    Hi,

Acer contacted me. They still have it under investigation, so they did not solve the problem.
    Problem seems to be solved by Microsoft, because of info send with my blue screens, I assume.
    Also laptop is very stable since, not any  crashes anymore :)

The Windows-uppdate  20H2 seems to have solved the problem.

Regards,
    Raoul
  • Raoul01

Tinkerer

Hi,

Bad news.
    Exactly the same problems returned: Laptop does not go to sleep mode and regular blue screens.
    I did not do anything special, no clear reason.
    I have reported it to Acer.

Kind regards,
    Raoul
  • Does the same problem occur when disabling bios virtualization?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Raoul01

Tinkerer

Disabling VTX/VTD: No noticeable result whatsoever.
    VTX=virtualization, I think.

Sleeping mode button F1 will work correctly when using fingeprint after a short time to wake up.
    When waiting for a longer time, fingerprint will not start the machine up, only reset will work with button on side.
    Sleeping mode buttons on start menu do not work correctly anymore. Result almost like F1.
  • Does the same problem occur when reinstalling windows, pressing alt + f10?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Raoul01

Tinkerer

I am sorry, I think I do not understand what you mean.
    Reinstalling windows again is not an option I am considering.
    Pressing alt + f10 is on this machine as pressing f10. It only reduces volume sound.

• billsey
    Yes, he was suggesting the restore to factory defaults process where you use Alt-F10 during power up to get into the restore menu. That's not likely to work, since Microsoft will have mucked up the restore image during the big updates.
    When I sleep mine for the night I just close the keyboard. If it is on AC then opening the keyboard lets me get back in with the fingerprint. If it's off battery then I have to click once on the power button to get there. I have it set to hibernate if on battery and sleep on all other events. Can you bring up Power and Sleep Settings, select Additional Power Settings, then Choose what Closing the Lid Does. Capture that window and put it here for us to look at...
  • Raoul01

Tinkerer

edited December 2020
    Restoring to factory defaults I do not want to do again.
    I did this a few weeks ago already.
    After that I did install all drivers again.
    After that I restored backup of data.
    After that I reinstalled the most important programs.
    That was much work with no solution.
    I have a usb-stick for starting/installing windows new however, made last time with the help of Acer.

I did play with the settings on 'Power and Sleep Settings'.
    But I did so only because of the problem.
    Before all main setting were on 1 minute.
    The advanced settings were on default.

I did not play with closing the lid until now.
    But now I tried and also this gives me problems.
    I closed the lid, tried to start the machine by opening the lid, press a key, press fingerprint sensor. No response.
    I had to reset again with the button on the side.

I have Dutch windows.
    But I have enclosed a picture with the info you requested.
    But I am afraid it will not help very much.
    Translations may be provided, but I do not think it is necessary.
    I did not look into changing language of Windows.

Extra note: But if I understand correctly for Bilsey the sleeping mode is working correctly?
    At Acer they could reproduce the problem last time /  a few weeks ago. 
    This time I did not received feedback yet from Acer (I issued the last occurence of the problem a few days ago).

• Raoul01

Tinkerer

edited December 2020
    I have installed English US.