Spin513-52N - Windows 10 ... Screen blacks out

John_L
John_L Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
WIndows10 Home 2004
The screen goes black and does not turn back on. The keyboard lights but the screen is non-responsive.
I have researched thiols and it is apparently a known issue. I tried F2 F9 F10 ENTER with no change. I upgraded to 1.15 Bios with no change. I ran Registry cleaner, no change. I ran SFC /ScanNow with no corruption.

This is my granddaughter's system and she needs it for school in 3 weeks.
Does anyone have a fix for this?

Best Answer

• John_L
    Answer ✓
    I have tried everything with this system to no avail.  I am trashing it and buying a new one, definitely not an ACER.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    When in failure does a long press of the power button force it off? If so we're likely looking at a 'stuck in sleep' issue. Normally those are caused by an app or driver that doesn't play well with others. You can do some testing by booting in safe mode to try and recreate it in that environment. If it's not happening in safe mode then we can start to pin down which software is the culprit.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • John_L
    OK, I am very technical... I use long power off to do a hard shutdown. That works. I am seeing some system issue with microsoft store not functioning. I'll try safe boot to isolate. Right now, screen comes back from 30 minute sleep... go figure.
  • John_L
    Answer ✓
    I have tried everything with this system to no avail.  I am trashing it and buying a new one, definitely not an ACER.