RAM upgrade problem - ASPIRE T3-710

Options
qetzel
qetzel Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hi, this is my first posting in this forum :-). I bought an ASPIRE T3-710 in 2018 with 4Gbytes of RAM installed as base and only the one slot for more RAM. Not knowing much about the subject, The existing card was a Kingston, so I bought another Kingston ValueRAM 8GB DDR3 DIMM 1600 MHz (1x8GB) and slotted it into the one space available, making sure that it fitted correctly. 

But when I boot up the PC, it's not detecting the extra RAM. Is it some limit with this type of PC?

The first part of the serial number is DTB1HEH017, if that helps.

Grateful for any help,

Many thanks.

Best Answer

• qetzel
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I’ve seen this on Amazon FR : 

Kingston KCP3L16ND8/8 Mémoire PC 8GB 1600MHz, DDR3L, 1.35V, CL11, 240-pin UDIMM

but I’m now super-nervous of ordering a third duff card so I will ask Acer for an assurance that this one will work before buying.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you confirm with the cpuz program that the stock ram is a ddr3L?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • qetzel
    Options
    Hi, no it’s DDR3. See https://community.acer.com/fr/discussion/comment/899685. I realise there’s separate EN and FR forums! But you’re the same guy in both, no? In any case I couldn’t find any DDRL Kingston mem boards for desktops so, rashly, I went for DDR3. Looks like another 50 euros down the pan. I did write to Acer for a recommendation but they are yet to respond. Thanks for your continuing interest.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yes it's me. that's why i would like you to send some screenshots, of the stock ram configurations that appears on the cpuz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • qetzel
    Options
    Right, good, I did this in the French forum: https://community.acer.com/fr/discussion/comment/900597 - hoping Laurent might now save the day in the absence of any official response from Acer. The PC is only 2 years old, I can’t believe there’s no possibility of upgrading its paltry 4gb memory...
  • qetzel
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I’ve seen this on Amazon FR : 

Kingston KCP3L16ND8/8 Mémoire PC 8GB 1600MHz, DDR3L, 1.35V, CL11, 240-pin UDIMM

but I’m now super-nervous of ordering a third duff card so I will ask Acer for an assurance that this one will work before buying.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Connect the original ram, access windows, download the cpuz program and send me some screenshots, so I can check the ram's settings.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• qetzel
    Options
    Hi, finally I phoned up ACER and they confirmed that the Kingston KCP3L16ND8/8 Mémoire PC 8GB 1600MHz, DDR3L, 1.35V, CL11, 240-pin UDIMM will work but I should buy 2 of them. So another 100 euros... In hindsight it would have been cheaper just buying a new motherboard for the first memory cart :-(
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked with another supplier?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• qetzel
    Options
    Couldn’t find anyone but Amazon selling that exact type but very kindly Coolblue are going to give me a refund. V impressed with them :-)
  • qetzel
    Options
    Got the card. It works! Better still it works with my existing 4Gbytes, giving me a total of 12Gbytes. Happy now :-)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    great. in that case, accept the answer that helped you.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer