Alpha switch 12 not booting up

Mulligan
Mulligan Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

My switch, which is less than one year old with minimal use, 12 is not powering up. I have tried almost all of the recommended solutions in the community but none has been successful for me. any help in getting my switch back up and running is appreciated. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Which Switch 12 model do you have? It should be something like SW5-271-xxxx. What are the actual symptoms when it doesn't boot? Screen stays fully black? Screen backlight comes on but no Acer logo? Acer logo shows but nothing past that? Juggling balls start up then stop? etc... :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Mulligan

Tinkerer

I have the switch model SA5-271P. The device does not boot up and only shows a blank screen. When plugged to the charger it shows the blue led and gets warm after a while. But nothing is displayed on the screen. 
  • billsey
    OK, so Switch Alpha 12 then. Have you ever had it apart? Is the screen fully off or is there some backlight bleed?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Mulligan

Tinkerer

Have never had it apart. The screen is fully off with no lights or signs of attempting to come on. The device however gets warm when plugged to the charger and the status light turns blue. 
  • billsey
    I believe the charge circuit is somewhat separate from the rest of the system, so the blue light is only showing the charge status and the warmth is from the battery. Do you have the bits to connect an external monitor? There isn't an external video port, but a lot of the USB docks have video out options. With an external monitor and the keyboard connected you can use the Windows-P key combo to switch monitors and that would tell us if the MB is coming up at all... If you don't have that stuff the only option that might help is the forced power off. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Wait a bit and then try again to turn it on. That will help if it's stuck in a sleep mode...
  • Mulligan

Tinkerer

Hi billsey, I had allowed the battery on the device to go dead hoping that it would have come on upon charging but it did not. Also tried your advise by putting off, waiting a while and turning it on, but it did not come on. I mean the devise is practically new as it was hardly used so I am puzzled as to why it would not come on. 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mulligan

Tinkerer

No. My model does not have a pin hole. 
  • Pilotte
    Pilotte Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the same problem. Blue light on the on/off button but entirely black screen.
  • billsey
    @Pilotte you should start your own thread for your issue. Provide the full model number (SA5-271-xxxx or similar) what the symptoms are and what you have tried so far. You can add any of us to the thread with the @ sign and we'll be notified. You can also try a long press of the power button (hold it down until the blue light goes out of 30 seconds have passed) to see if it's stuck in sleep mode. The the long press gets you back to normal tell us and we'll try and help figure out what's going on with sleep...
  • Mulligan

Tinkerer

Unfortunately I have tried the recommendations on this chat and others but my device is still not coming on. Any further guidance is deeply appreciated. 
  • Experimente executar esse procedimento:
    Power off the device.
    Press and hold the Volume Up (+) button while pressing and holding the Power button to turn on the system. Release the Power button when the display backlight turns on. The system should enter the UEFI/BIOS setup.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mulligan

Tinkerer

Tried you recommendation but was not successful. 
  • Mulligan

Tinkerer

I had someone remove the battery from the device. Will replace it with another to see if this will make a difference. 
  • OK! Then post the result here.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ejehbdu
    Ejehbdu Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi. My acer swift alpha 12 screen is not turning on, but the led blue light is on and it starting to get warmth. I tried to hold the power bouton but it doesn’t working. And I didn’t plug in the charger. Can anyone help me? 
  • @EjehbduI suggest you ask a new question. Enter the exact model. Example SF315-52-58VH.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer