USB 2.0 FHD built in camera for Aspire ZC-606 does not work in browsers, but works in apps

Options
Vans_97
Vans_97 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives

Webcam works fine in apps like Zoom and Viber but doesn’t work when used for Google Meet or Messenger in browser.

Webcam appears to be on because there is light beside the camera but other people in the meeting cant see me, see what im presenting and hear me. All settings are already set to allow camera and mic but still doesnt work. I tried updating my cam’s driver and it says that it’s up-to-date. I really dont know what to do anymore. 

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    How about re-install Google Meet and Messenger?
  • Vans_97
    Options
    ttttt said:
    How about re-install Google Meet and Messenger?
    I’m not sure abt Messenger but from what I know, there’s no Application u can download to your desktop for Google Meet. I tried downloading Bluestacks to download Google Meet but it just kept on lagging, so I uninstalled. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Which browser are you using? Some of the newer browsers turn access to the camera off by default, and you have to manually turn it on for the sites you want to use it with.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Vans_97
    Options
    billsey said:
    Which browser are you using? Some of the newer browsers turn access to the camera off by default, and you have to manually turn it on for the sites you want to use it with.
    I’m using Google Chrome and Whale. I already turned on the access for the camera and mic in both browsers, still doesn’t work.