Hi, when I power my Swift 3(SF314-52-33G8), it doesn't turn on but I do get a blue light indicating

aksh0105
aksh0105 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, when I power my Swift 3(SF314-52-33G8), it doesn't turn on but I do get a blue light indicating power. It is not a display problem because the keyboard is not lighting too which it should when powering it.

When it has power indicated by the blue light on the side, it can only be turned off by inserting pin in pin hole for around 5 seconds. Holding the power button down for a while does not work.

There were times it would continue booting but rarely. I try to power it and if it does not continue, I will pin hole reset from the battery below but it doesn't work also, then repeat until I luckily make it boot. But I was unsuccessful.

Please help me I urgently need that. And I am unable to ho for a serivice center due to Corona virus

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    The pinhole only does a battery disconnect and reset, so though it might help it's not a solution. Does a long press of the power button allow the system to fully shut off when it's stuck? If so it might be an app that's not handling sleep mode very well. You could try booting in safe mode to see if it happens there as well.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • aksh0105

Tinkerer

@billsey Long press of the power button have no reaction to the system. The blue light still glows until I use pinhole to remove battery. 
  • Can you check for any other button, similar to this one, somewhere else on the motherboard?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • aksh0105

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho I hadn't screw it out yet! What is that button called?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    That is either an intrusion detection button or a battery reset button.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.