My New Predator Helios 300 is slow in booting up.

newUserPredetor
newUserPredetor Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello,

I just got my laptop yesterday, I notice that if I reboot, the boot time is slow (40-60 seconds). I have already reset my laptop os, optimized my windows also tried disabling services, installed and updated drivers but still no luck.. I do not have SSD, but, is this normal for my specs to boot for almost 1 minute?

Specs :
i7-9750H
8GB RAM
RTX 2060
1TB HHD

Thanks

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Your model comes with only a 1tb hdd. That is why the restart is slow. This model has two m2 2280 ports that support nvme, see: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Predator-PH315-52/144110
    I advise purchasing an nvme ssd.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• newUserPredetor
    If i turn On my Laptop from shutdown, the boot time is 10-20sec. but if I reboot it then it boot for about 40-60sec.
  • Can you provide the exact model? Example AN515-51-75KZ. Now, regarding your question, it is possible that fast startup is enabled in the power options and that is why the startup is faster.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • newUserPredetor
    Thank you for the reply.

Here:
    PH315-52-766x
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Your model comes with only a 1tb hdd. That is why the restart is slow. This model has two m2 2280 ports that support nvme, see: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Predator-PH315-52/144110
    I advise purchasing an nvme ssd.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    If i turn On my Laptop from shutdown, the boot time is 10-20sec. but if I reboot it then it boot for about 40-60sec.
    Boot up = start OS.
    Reboot = close all processes, save any unsaved data, stop power to all devices. Power them all up.
    Better way to say this would be to divide the time between shutdown and startup in the reboot process.

Also, in all likeliness, in your power options - you have "fast startup" option enabled. This never really shuts down laptop, but simply puts it into "stateless hibernation". It is advised to turn this off this since this never really shuts down the laptop when you want it to shut down. This could also be a reason why your startup is faster when you use shut down.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • newUserPredetor
    Thanks guys!
  • you are welcome.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer