Acer Travelmate P446 keyboard lights not working

Manish_Sharma
Manish_Sharma Member Posts: 3 New User
My Acer Travelmate P446 Keyboard Lights Not working I tried to Press Fn+F9

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Which specific P446 model do you have? Some have backlit keyboards and some do not.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Manish_Sharma
    TravelMate P446-M
  • Manish_Sharma

Please find herewith attached photo of keyboard - TravelMate P446-M. 
  • billsey
    So you should be able to press and hold the Fn key and press F9 to toggle the backlight on. If that doesn't work try it without the Fn key. If you don't get the backlight with either combination then it's time to contact Acer support or return the laptop to your vendor for a swap. Once the backlight is toggled it should turn on with any keypress and turn off again after a timeout with no keys pressed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Lonewol
    Lonewol Member Posts: 4 New User
    My Acer Travelmate P446 Keyboard Lights Not working I tried to Press Fn+F9
    Did you found a way to fix this.
    My Acer TravelMate P446 has the same problem.
    What should I do??
  • Lonewol
    billsey said:
    So you should be able to press and hold the Fn key and press F9 to toggle the backlight on. If that doesn't work try it without the Fn key. If you don't get the backlight with either combination then it's time to contact Acer support or return the laptop to your vendor for a swap. Once the backlight is toggled it should turn on with any keypress and turn off again after a timeout with no keys pressed.
    I tried everything. Still it's not turning on. What should I do? 
  • billsey
    Do you have the backlight symbol on that key? If not maybe yours is one of the models without a backlit keyboard...
  • Lonewol
    billsey said:
    Do you have the backlight symbol on that key? If not maybe yours is one of the models without a backlit keyboard...
    Yes it has