sf314-57g bsod

manhtran76
manhtran76 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I just bought my swift 3 a month ago, and it had so many bsod. I tried to reinstall windows or reset but nothing change. Was it ram issues? I check ram speed can run at 3733mhz but it stuck in 2667mhz.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,933 Trailblazer
    edited July 2020
    I just bought my swift 3 a month ago, and it had so many bsod. I tried to reinstall windows or reset but nothing change. Was it ram issues? I check ram speed can run at 3733mhz but it stuck in 2667mhz.

What BSOD’s are you getting? Be more specific as BSOD error code e.g. and like 0xa0000001 mostly appears due to faulty, missing, incompatible, or corrupt video card driver, however, there can be other possible reasons for this issue like third party programs conflict, memory issue, and hardware issue as well, as it’s very hard to advise you otherwise.

Also, has your Swift 3 SF314-57G got the Intel i7-1065G7, 16 GB LPDDR4X, GeForce® MX350 and comes with the 1TB ssd? Give us your exact specs. This laptop should be a solid and very reliable laptop, it’s got Win-10 pro and very good specs to run any application and you should NOT be having any BSOD’s unless you’ve done something to the operating system and have altered settings.

• manhtran76

Tinkerer

edited July 2020
    I have some picture about my bsod, hope they're helpful. Bsod occurs even when I reset my laptop.
    And my swift's specs is i5-1035g1, 8gb ram, mx250 and 512gb ssd.
  • manhtran76

Tinkerer

StevenGen said:

What BSOD’s are you getting? Be more specific as BSOD error code e.g. and like 0xa0000001 mostly appears due to faulty, missing, incompatible, or corrupt video card driver, however, there can be other possible reasons for this issue like third party programs conflict, memory issue, and hardware issue as well, as it’s very hard to advise you otherwise.

Also, has your Swift 3 SF314-57G got the Intel i7-1065G7, 16 GB LPDDR4X, GeForce® MX350 and comes with the 1TB ssd? Give us your exact specs. This laptop should be a solid and very reliable laptop, it’s got Win-10 pro and very good specs to run any application and you should NOT be having any BSOD’s unless you’ve done something to the operating system and have altered settings.

I just post some information, hope you can help. Thanks a lot :))
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    edited July 2020
    Yeah, those look like they're coming from all over the place. Unless you've been mucking around with trying to overclock or some such it shouldn't be doing that at all. Contact Acer support to get it fixed, I'd bet they replace the motherboard.
    And no, the ram speed is supposed to be 2667MHz, that's designed into the chipset.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • manhtran76

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Yeah, those look like they're coming from all over the place. Unless you've been mucking around with trying to overclock or some such it shouldn't be doing that at all. Contact Acer support to get it fixed, I'd bet they replace the motherboard.
    And no, the ram speed is supposed to be 2667MHz, that's designed into the chipset.
    I hope so, I went to Acer center once and they just reinstall windows.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Contact them first and show them the BSOD images...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen said:

Looking at the vast list of your BSOD’s there is no single fix, as these BSOD's are too many and the best solution for you is to do a “Clean and Fresh Install" of Windows 10 only, please note that this is not the Acer OEM OP that your Swift came with as you would have to get that from Acer, this is a “Clean and Fresh Install" of Win-10 only as is available from the MS site and can be created on a USB bootable installation drive.To do that do the following:

Forma your drive completely through the Win-10 installation process but, since formatting removes all data on the partition, you should create backup for important files and after install the Win-10 operating system, to do this do the following:

1. Insert Windows setup USB and restart computer. Then enter BIOS to change boot sequence to let computer boot from the USB.

2. Once your computer boot from the USB, you can see the installation interface where you should select language first.

3. When you get to the page that asks "Where do you want to install Windows?", you can choose system C drive and press Format option.

4. Once C drive gets formatted, you can either continue to reinstall Windows or exit.

The many BSOD’s (like you have given us which is about 15? which is a humongous list) are all related to drivers and hardware mismanaged drivers that somehow your Swift 3 has been entangled with and to? Why, I don’t know? As having so many DSOD’s is very unusual especially for a new laptop. If you want to fix your system “yourself”? then do what I’ve suggested above (that is a new just Win-10 without Acer additions and apps) but and since this Swift 3 is a new laptop, I would “NOT TOUCH IT” and I would send it to Acer Service for them to fix its and/or replace appropriate components and reinstall the OEM Acer Windows OP system that your Swift 3 came with.  

• manhtran76

Tinkerer

StevenGen said:
    StevenGen said:

Looking at the vast list of your BSOD’s there is no single fix, as these BSOD's are too many and the best solution for you is to do a “Clean and Fresh Install" of Windows 10 only, please note that this is not the Acer OEM OP that your Swift came with as you would have to get that from Acer, this is a “Clean and Fresh Install" of Win-10 only as is available from the MS site and can be created on a USB bootable installation drive.To do that do the following:

Forma your drive completely through the Win-10 installation process but, since formatting removes all data on the partition, you should create backup for important files and after install the Win-10 operating system, to do this do the following:

1. Insert Windows setup USB and restart computer. Then enter BIOS to change boot sequence to let computer boot from the USB.

2. Once your computer boot from the USB, you can see the installation interface where you should select language first.

3. When you get to the page that asks "Where do you want to install Windows?", you can choose system C drive and press Format option.

4. Once C drive gets formatted, you can either continue to reinstall Windows or exit.

The many BSOD’s (like you have given us which is about 15? which is a humongous list) are all related to drivers and hardware mismanaged drivers that somehow your Swift 3 has been entangled with and to? Why, I don’t know? As having so many DSOD’s is very unusual especially for a new laptop. If you want to fix your system “yourself”? then do what I’ve suggested above (that is a new just Win-10 without Acer additions and apps) but and since this Swift 3 is a new laptop, I would “NOT TOUCH IT” and I would send it to Acer Service for them to fix its and/or replace appropriate components and reinstall the OEM Acer Windows OP system that your Swift 3 came with.  

Thanks for your advice, I tried install windows with the iso file from MS but nothing change. I think I have no choice left but contact Acer services center again.
  • StevenGen

Yes manhtran76 that is a very good idea as your Swif-3 has far too many BSOD’s for a new laptop and especially if you did reinstall and reset the OP, there could well be something wrong with certain components of this laptop. Good luck, hope you get it sorted