RAM for Aspire TC-885

myopdotbiz
myopdotbiz Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I bought a new Aspire yesterday and I asked for an 8G RAM for that CPU, well, it didn't work and I returned the whole unit to Staples and he couldn't tell me what RAM I needed, just that what they had was not compatible. How/where do I find the information to buy the RAM I need for this CPU online? Can anyone help me, please! Here is info on my system, please let me know if I need more to find what I need. Acer Aspire desktop TC-885, model D17E5, DESKTOP-845MVBD  i5-9400

Best Answers

• myopdotbiz
    Answer ✓
    Just took a pic of RAM installed, was hoping to upgrade to 16G total, or if I have to, buy 2 16G RAM
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    So your picture is a little fuzzy, but the memory there looks like PC4-2666V. You should be able to match that easily. You want a second 8GB module with the same specs, so DDR4, 2666MHz and CL19.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• myopdotbiz
    Answer ✓
    Just took a pic of RAM installed, was hoping to upgrade to 16G total, or if I have to, buy 2 16G RAM
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    So your picture is a little fuzzy, but the memory there looks like PC4-2666V. You should be able to match that easily. You want a second 8GB module with the same specs, so DDR4, 2666MHz and CL19.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • myopdotbiz
    Thanks for your help, I actually was going by my favorite Computer store, been buying my cpu's there for over 20 years, they had none in stock, so that's why I bought from Staple's. Not bad service there, however, they sold me incompatible RAM, had to return it and then they could not match it, or find the exact RAM (The one I bought was the one you said, but for some reason, it did not work). Anyways, Micro-Tech Computers (Mt. Pearl, NL) are on the job. Thanks again
  • billsey
    Let us know how the full saga turns out... :)