Usb drivers problem on Aspire F5-572g

Options
jayk
jayk Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
Hi,

Model is Aspire F5-572g
Im on Windows 10 since the free update , before it was win 7 or win 8.1, im not sure. 
One of my usb port (blue )does not work anymore, looks like drivers are missing.(i probably deleted them because i wanted to fix one problem with a software)
If i try to connect my mouse, a red light shows up 1 second then stop. 
If i understood clearly, i can't update the drivers anymore because it came from another version of windows , right ?

i dont want to reinstal win7, is there a way to download the driver manuually on internet ?

thanks,

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Options
    jayk said:
    Hi,

Model is Aspire F5-572g
    Im on Windows 10 since the free update , before it was win 7 or win 8.1, im not sure. 
    One of my usb port (blue )does not work anymore, looks like drivers are missing.(i probably deleted them because i wanted to fix one problem with a software)
    If i try to connect my mouse, a red light shows up 1 second then stop. 
    If i understood clearly, i can't update the drivers anymore because it came from another version of windows , right ?

i dont want to reinstal win7, is there a way to download the driver manuually on internet ?

thanks,

Reboot your Aspire F5-572g and the 3.0 usb (blue) should be detected and all drivers should reinstall, otherwise your usb 3.0 is damaged and its not being detected and you need a new usb circuit board. Windows 10 have specific drivers for usb and it automatically updates these drivers, otherwise, use “Windows Update” to update the 3.0 usb and see if that works and/or it updates.

• jayk
    Options
    In device manager/universal serial bus controler

there are only 

*intel usb 3.0 extensible host controller 1.0 (microsoft )  (updated 3.06.2020)
    *realtek usb card2.0 reader                                         (updated 25.09.2015)
    *usb root composite                                                    (updated 21.06.2006 )
    *usb root composite                                                     (updated 21.06.2006 )
    *usb root hub (usb 3.0)                                                  (updated 5.05.2020 )

all of them have ''This device is working properly.''
    and windows update said '' cant find better drivers ''

Im not sure what is the problem. A usb key is not recognised, neither a mouse but i can charge my phone.

I used Motioninjoy few years ago, to emulate a usb joypad, problem started here, since then i cant use the port.

How can i be sure it is damaged ? 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited July 2020
    Options

Your device manager/universal serial bus controller seems to be up to date and is the same as the caption that I've included below, as that is the same and the below usb 2.0 and 3.0 work 100% also, make sure that there is no yellow signage next to any components:

Also, you might need to update the Aspire E5-572G (its not the F5 572G lol) bios to the latest bios, check if you have the latest bios version 1.09 dated 2016/07/26 "Improve system performance"? If not, update bios and see if that fixes the problem? Also, there could be that a particular usb plug(s) must not work with your laptops 3.0 usb plug, because and when you plug your phone and it charges, that mean that your phones usb cable works with the 3.0 usb. See if when you plug your phone in you can use the usb 3.0 to get into the data part of your phone? If you can then your usb 3.0 plug works 100%.

Note: A faulty usb plug will be totally unfunctional and even charging won’t work. To diagnose all your usb problems see this guide "USB 3.0 Ports Aren’t Working? Here’s How to Fix Them" which goes through every scenario of how to fix a usb 3.0 here: 

https://helpdeskgeek.com/help-desk/usb-3-0-ports-arent-working-heres-how-to-fix them/#:~:text=In%20many%20cases%2C%20your%20motherboard%20will%20be%20responsible,locate%20the%20newest%20BIOS%20drivers%20on%20the%20internet.

• jayk
    Options
    Thx for your answer,

* there is no yellow signage here 
    * and I can charge but can't enter in the data of the phone.

i checked the link you gave, and

*obviously there is no pb with internal cable because i can charge ( i will probably open it later and check )
    * windows update can't find better drivers
    * usb 3.0 is enabled in bios because i can use my other 3.0 port
    *i didn't try to update the bios, i would like to wait before to try that, because not always safe and not sure which one to use ( https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ZA/content/support-product/6379?b=1 )

As i said, i believe i deleted or corrupted something important which was part of win7 or win8.1 usb driver.
    And because on win 10 now, cant access it again without reinstal win. 

What do you think about that ?

• jayk
    Options
    StevenGen said:

Your device manager/universal serial bus controller seems to be up to date and is the same as the caption that I've included below, as that is the same and the below usb 2.0 and 3.0 work 100% also, make sure that there is no yellow signage next to any components:

well not exacty same. 
    No intel 7 series/ .....
    No generic usb hub

is it normal ? how to reinstal it ?

actually have only 5 

*intel usb 3.0 extensible host controller 1.0 (microsoft )  (updated 3.06.2020)
    *realtek usb card2.0 reader                                         (updated 25.09.2015)
    *usb root composite                                                    (updated 21.06.2006 )
    *usb root composite                                                     (updated 21.06.2006 )
    *usb root hub (usb 3.0)                                                  (updated 5.05.2020 )

My bios is  Insyde corp v.1.14  04.03.2016 ,
    i decide to explore others solutions before to change that .

I noticed something . Yesterday i opened the laptop, the 2 usb3.0 port are on the motherboard, and there is another 2.0 connected with cable. 
    Didn't see something special for the usb3.0 but i disconnected and reconnected the 2.0 then restarted .

Now my usb2.0 is not working anymore, and there is a yellow signage '' unknow usb device, device descriptor request failed ''.  ( device status is : windows has stopped this device because it has reported problem, code 43 , a request for the usb device descriptor failed )

I opened again the laptop, checked the cable, but no result . 

Then i connected my mouse on the 2.0 port BEFORE to restart the computer, and now it is working .
    If i disconnect the mouse and try to reconnect when the computer is ON , it stop to work. If i connect when the computer is OFF , it is ok . 

Could it be a problem with power plan or battery life ? Or Drivers intel ? 

• jayk
    Options
    update about the yellow signage '' unknow usb device, device descriptor request failed ''. 

i found something here https://superuser.com/questions/480045/what-does-the-bios-setting-xhci-pre-boot-mode-do

the problem seems to be connected with xhci and explain why i can use the port if connect my device before to boot.

in addition, ( after a boot without mouse connected on 2.0 ) i noticed some intel process in task manager , like intel management engine or intel security assist . If i end one of them then try to connect my mouse on the port ( within 5 seconds) it works. 
    Disconnect and reconnect it after, does not work anymore .

also, event show '' device not migrated '' , could be related to my recent windows 10 update 1909. 

Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&33fdafd3&0&4 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C03&MI_00\6&1e68b3cf&0&0000
    Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
    Location Path: 
    Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFFF122
    Present: false

same for event of usb 3.0 extensible host controller 
    BSYS_100C1025&REV_21\3&11583659&0&A0 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C03&MI_00\6&1e68b3cf&0&0000
    Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
    Location Path: 
    Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFFF122
    Present: false

any help would be appreciate.
  • jayk
    Options
    i want to uninstal the generic driver 3.0 and replace it by an old one from intel. 
    How can i prevent device manager to auto instal the '' best diver found '' on the system ?