ConceptD 9 keyboard layout

Options
DerekOwens
DerekOwens Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 27 in 2020 Archives
I know this is a long shot, but is there any chance that a ConceptD 9 will be released that doesn't have the keyboard layout problem with the right shift, question mark key issues, and lack of dedicated Home, End, Page up, and Page down keys? The layout on the ConceptD 7 Ezel looks perfect. I would have bought a ConceptD 9 already, maybe two or three for my business, but the keyboard looks nearly unusable in its current form, and that issue alone is preventing me from purchasing.

Answers

• DerekOwens
    DerekOwens Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Dear Sirs:

I wish to let you know that I waited many months for the release of the ConceptD 9, but I cannot purchase one due to the keyboard layout.

Computers such as the D 9 are used not only for creative work, but also for editing documents, sending emails, and writing code. The lack of dedicated Home, End, Page Up, and Page Down keys is a deal breaker for me and for others, as is the unusual placement of the “?” key.  Editing documents, email, and code requires cursor movement, and on the ConceptD 9 keyboard, hitting Home or End requires moving both hands off of the row of home keys. For anyone who types anything, and that is a lot of users, the keyboard layout is a disaster.

I was looking forward to the excellent keyboard quality and all the other aspects of the D 9, especially the 17 inch Wacom tablet screen. But the keyboard is also necessary for my work. Looking online I find that I am far from alone in this complaint. Many people have the same complaints about the D 9 keyboard layout, and also with the similar problems on the Trition 900 keyboard layout. It’s simply not that usable for typing anything. And even gamers and creatives use their computers to type, a lot.

The keyboard on the ConceptD 7 Ezel has a very usable layout. It is almost identical to the layout on the Aspire R7. I purchased around 20 Aspire R7 computers over the years and was hoping to start replacing them with the D9.  Instead, I will probably be purchasing a ConceptD 7 Ezel even though the screen is smaller than I would like. If the ConceptD 7 Ezel keyboard layout were put on the ConceptD 9, I would certainly buy one, perhaps more.

Thanks for taking the time to hear my thoughts on the matter.

Sincerely,

Derek Owens

LucidEduction

http://derekowens.com

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    You do realize you are only reaching other Acer users, not management or marketing here? This is a community support forum and there is not a lot of direct involvement by Acer, other than the moderators who handle things like spam links and duplicated posts... :)
    I find it quite easy to have the Home and Page Up on the same key. Using the Fn key is not any harder than using the Shift key for capital letters. The same goes for the Page Down and End key. I personally find it more of a hassle when the function keys default to the multimedia mode, so F5 tries to switch displays on me instead of doing a F5.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.