How to disable Raid0? Nitro 5 AN515-54-504H

Options
M108Falcon
M108Falcon Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54-504H. It has two 512+512 gb SSDs that have come installed as Raid 0 from factory and the windows detects it as 1TB disk. I want to delete the Raid0 configuration. I have upgraded to latest bios, and I have tried ctrl + i after boot sequence but cannot access Intel RST bios module. Any suggestions? because I want one 512gb ssd for Windows 10 and the other 512gb ssd for Linux

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,380 Pathfinder
    Options
    @M108Falcon
    Boot in bios then press CTRL+S not CTRL+I
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • M108Falcon
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @M108Falcon
    Boot in bios then press CTRL+S not CTRL+I
    That only gets me to select sata mode i.e Intel RST premium with optane/Intel RST with optane/ahci, I want to delete raid0 arrray

• batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Go to Intel RST in Windows and choose delete volume.BTW you can`t access the option rom you are talking about.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• M108Falcon
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @GAMING6698 I entered my credentials(all correct) and the raid tool link is not allowing me to download RAID Tool
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @M108Falcon Were you able to delete raid 0? I also have the model an515-54 with two 512gb ssv nvme configurators in raid 0 and would like to remove it.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • M108Falcon
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @egydiocoelho Follow the steps, as I work on Linux, so I did it this way
    1. Make yourself any Linux bootable iso USB (preferably with GUI installer) as well as Windows Installation Media USB
    2. Open your BIOS and change the storage controller to AHCI
    3. Disable secure boot
    4. Boot into Linux live USB
    5. Open the installer, go till disk configuration, select advanced, it will open up partition tool, use that to wipe both the SSDs and create empty GPT partition table and apply the changes.
    6. Your Raid array has been broken
    7. If you wanna work on linux on one SSD, install linux on that, and leave the other SSD empty
    8. Or don't install linux, quit out of setup, reboot the system, change storage controller back to Intel RST as windows 10 doesn't work out of the box with AHCI
    9. Insert windows installation media usb and install windows on only 1SSD and keep other empty.
    10. after installing windows, go to recovery mode and change the default controller to AHCI (as it is better than Intel RST if you don't have raid IMO).
    Basically after Step 8 you can do whatever you want but keep in mind, this method may void the warranty, I don't care abt the warranty as no number for Acer Helpdesk works for India so I did it my way anyway.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    edited December 2020
    Options
    @M108Falcon With "use that to wipe both the SSDs", are you referring to the DELETE option, or are you referring to a command from the terminal?
    How to Choose a Partition Scheme for Your Linux PC
    Can you send some pictures of how you performed correctly?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)