SF314-42 Fingerprint Problem

Aeopare
Aeopare Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I bought a brand new Acer Swift 3 SF314-42 device but I cannot get the fingerprint reader to work. I have downloaded the fingerprint driver multiple times but cannot seem to have a way to install it on my device. I see no executable file in the fingerprint driver folder and clicking the "pnputil" file does nothing at all. Please help me fix this problem. 

Answers

• Can you provide the exact model? Example sf314-42-58vh. Also, have you set up the fingerprint here?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • alexander_galkovsky
    alexander_galkovsky Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi. 

I had the same problem.
    I've resolved it by launching Setup_Driver file with Admin permissions.
    Just click right mouse button on this file and select "Run as Administrator"

After it you can use fingerprint in Windows Hello system
  • dancemonkeymadness
    dancemonkeymadness Member Posts: 48 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    "Setup_Driver" is the executable you need to click on in your screenshot.
    If none of the suggestions here are working, I would recommend resetting Windows (Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Reset This PC). Don't save your personal files, and use the cloud download to install (these are options that will be presented to you after you click "Reset This PC"). 

If that does not work, please let this forum know what error message you are getting when you go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-In Options. The exact error (or behavior, if there's no error) will help us with figuring out if this is an issue with Windows Hello or with the hardware/driver.