where to find memory module

Options
71Eric
71Eric Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I want to upgrade the memory on my Extensa EX2540-362S laptop. I used the scan option on the mrmemory website and this told me that the installed module is Kingston 1600 SODIMM 4GB.  I have tried in vain, even contacted Kingston, but have not been able to find the same module using either of the two numbers I got from the module installed. I don't seem to be able to find my laptop on any sites that I have been on

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The memory used on the Extensa 2540  is different depending on which processor you have. IIRC your 362S model has the Skylake i3-6006U processor. The stock memory in your machine is DDR3L‐1600 (PC3L-12800) SO-DIMM. You should be able to find plenty of options there, just be aware you can put 2GB, 4GB or 8GB modules in for a maximum of 16GB and you will get slightly better performance if you have two matching modules.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please install CPU-z, run it and post the Memory and SPD tabs.
    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The memory used on the Extensa 2540  is different depending on which processor you have. IIRC your 362S model has the Skylake i3-6006U processor. The stock memory in your machine is DDR3L‐1600 (PC3L-12800) SO-DIMM. You should be able to find plenty of options there, just be aware you can put 2GB, 4GB or 8GB modules in for a maximum of 16GB and you will get slightly better performance if you have two matching modules.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 71Eric
    71Eric Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi.
     I have ordered a 
    4GB 1600MHz DDR3L Non-ECC CL11 SODIMM 1.35V
     module from Ebuyer that I believe is compatible with the module installed.  I knew where the modules fit but was unable to find any info on the model of laptop I own, even on the Acer website, no-one but billsey seems to know anything about it. Thanks for all your help.
  • billsey
    Options
    Yeah, it can be tough to find info on some of the older models...