[HELP]What is the problem of my bios (boot priority order)

Vjdeseo
Vjdeseo Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Only one is listed on my priority order in boot menu. Only windows boot manager. It didn't read my bootable flash drive. DEVICE: Aspire 5 A515-52G

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Try converting the usb stick like this:
    diskpart
    list disk
    sel disk x
    clean
    convert gpt
    create partition primary
    format fs=ntfs quick
    assign
    Then, extract the iso only x64 to the root of the usb stick.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Do you intend to reinstall windows? Have you ever converted the usb stick to gpt and formatted it in fat32?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Vjdeseo
    Do you intend to reinstall windows? Have you ever converted the usb stick to gpt and formatted it in fat32?
    Yeah i already do that. But only windows boot manager shows up in bios
  • Vjdeseo
    Vjdeseo said:
    Do you intend to reinstall windows? Have you ever converted the usb stick to gpt and formatted it in fat32?
    Yeah i already do that. But only windows boot manager shows up in bios

• Try activating the f12 boot menu in the bios. Then, press f12 before the acer logo and check if the usb stick appears.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Vjdeseo
    Try activating the f12 boot menu in the bios. Then, press f12 before the acer logo and check if the usb stick appears.

Only Windows boot manager appears
  • Vjdeseo
    HELP HUHUHU
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    diskpart
    list disk
    sel disk x
    clean
    convert gpt
    create partition primary
    format fs=ntfs quick
    assign

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Vjdeseo
    Any video guide?. I didn't know to much about that. Hehe

• You don't need to watch any video. Just the command prompt or powershell as an administrator and run these commands:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• lhmlyz
    lhmlyz Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited July 2020
    Hello, @Vjdeseo have you tried to disable "Secure Boot"?  It seems you are trying to install Windows 7 which does not support UEFI.
  • Vjdeseo
    lhmlyz said:
    Hello, @Vjdeseo have you tried to disable "Secure Boot"?  It seems you are trying to install Windows 7 which does not support UEFI.
    I already disable secure boot. Is it possible to downgrade to windows 7?
  • Yes, it's possible. However, it is easier to install windows 7 if you have the option to change the bootmode to legacy.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Vjdeseo
    diskpart
    list disk
    sel disk x
    clean
    convert gpt
    create partition primary
    format fs=ntfs quick
    assign
    Thanks man it works thank you very much
  • You are welcome.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Vjdeseo
    You are welcome.
    Bro i need more help hehe. Im stuck up on windows 7 logo during setup. My sata mode is only ahci and rst optane.

• Have you tried to disable secureboot in the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Vjdeseo
    Have you tried to disable secureboot in the bios?
    I already fixed the problem. Windows 7 is not supported my device. I already installed win10 on my laptop.
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited July 2020
    i still believe it is possible to install windows 7, even if the bootmode is uefi. I believe, that nothing is impossible when it comes to computers. Read this article: https://superuser.com/questions/676249/clean-install-of-windows-7-pro-64-bit-on-a-uefi-laptop-with-gpt-partition

egydiocoelho Trailblazer