Troubles with tablet mode and stylus

Maia
Maia Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I got my Spin 5 a couple years ago and it worked perfectly fine for a while, but then I started to have issues with the stylus. It would only work intermittently. I tried changing the battery multiple times as well as changing the pen tip; nothing helped. I figured it was an issue with the actual stylus, so I got a new one from a different brand that said it was compatible with the Spin model I have. That one didn't work well either, so I think there is something wrong with the laptop. I tried to calibrate the pen and that helped somewhat, but it is still acting up.

Also, every time I rotate the screen to switch into tablet mode, my laptop restarts itself. It sometimes restarts again later on if I reboot it and stay in tablet mode. I just want to be able to draw and take notes using this laptop; it's why I bought it in the first place. Does anyone know of anything I could try that might fix these issues? The warranty just ran out before I started looking into all of this, so I'd really like to be able to fix it on my own if possible.