Front panel pin installation, help!

Zibayi
Zibayi Member Posts: 7 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
Hey, so Im using Predator orion 3000 and I rebuild it in a new case but im not really sure where to plug the front panel cables, could you please show me? (sorry for my bad english if i wrote something wrong) 

Best Answer

• Zibayi
    Answer ✓
    billsey said:
    You have answered your own question there. :) The pins are numbered:
    2 4 6 8...
    1 3 5 7...
    with the 1 in that corner that has the white square, pin 10 isn't there and isn't expected to be there. The HDD-LED goes between 1 & 2 and if it doesn't light up when the drive is active it goes backwards from how you put it in first try. The power LED goes next on 2 & 4, a reset switch on 5 & 7, the power button on 6 & 8, and a LAN LED between 12 & 14 (notice that one is sideways in relation to the others). all the LED are polarized, so work in one direction and don't in the other, the switches don't care. It doesn't look like your new case has a place for the network activity so no need to put anything there.
    Wow did work thanks! 

Answers

• Zibayi
    Zibayi said:
    Hey, so Im using Predator orion 3000 and I rebuild it in a new case but im not really sure where to plug the front panel cables, could you please show me? (sorry for my bad english if i wrote something wrong) 

one  more picture 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    2 4 6 8...
    1 3 5 7...
    with the 1 in that corner that has the white square, pin 10 isn't there and isn't expected to be there. The HDD-LED goes between 1 & 2 and if it doesn't light up when the drive is active it goes backwards from how you put it in first try. The power LED goes next on 2 & 4, a reset switch on 5 & 7, the power button on 6 & 8, and a LAN LED between 12 & 14 (notice that one is sideways in relation to the others). all the LED are polarized, so work in one direction and don't in the other, the switches don't care. It doesn't look like your new case has a place for the network activity so no need to put anything there.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Zibayi
    Answer ✓
    billsey said:
    2 4 6 8...
    1 3 5 7...
    Wow did work thanks!