ESC, F3, F5, F6,F7, F9, F10 and F11 not working! - ES1-531-P7PX

Options
MarceloDevia
MarceloDevia Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited July 2020 in Aspire Laptops
Hello!, i'm new here

I have an Acer Aspire ES15 ES1531-P7PX running Win10 x64 and my issue is that suddenly these keys ESC, F3, F5, F6,F7, F9, F10 and F11 doesn't work.
When pressed, they don't work. The only functions keys that are working are: F1, F2, F4, F8 and F12, which is kinda weird since the others are not functioning.

I'm having the same exact problem as the guy in the following link, years ago.
https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/441007/esc-f3-f5-f6-f7-keys-are-not-working

and looking at that I have not managed to find any possible solution. please help.

thank you.

[Thread edited title to add the product name]

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the same problem occur when connecting an external keyboard? If it occurs, it is possible to rule out a hardware problem, it may be that some type of malicious program is interfering with the keyboard. Now, if connecting an external keyboard and the problem does not occur, it is very likely that there is a problem with the notebook keyboard. Try resetting the battery:
    Also try disconnecting and reconnecting the keyboard:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MarceloDevia

Tinkerer

Options
    I tried both solutions that you proposed.  but, none worked.  I even entered BIOS (pressing F2) and even inside there the mentioned keys don't work.

Unfortunately I don't have an external keyboard to test if the problem persists on the outside.

any ideas?

thanks
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the same problem occur when you activate windows safe boot?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MarceloDevia

Tinkerer

Options
    Does the same problem occur when you activate windows safe boot?
    on safe mode still the same.  :s
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I suggest you try to disconnect the keyboard:
    https://youtu.be/HaazIF3u92Y

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MarceloDevia

Tinkerer

Options
    I suggest you try to disconnect the keyboard:
    https://youtu.be/HaazIF3u92Y
    i already tried that with no positive results. I'm guessing the problem is that the keyboard is damaged or the connection port is damaged.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In that case, I suggest that you purchase a new keyboard. What is the language of your keyboard?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MarceloDevia

Tinkerer

Options
    In that case, I suggest that you purchase a new keyboard. What is the language of your keyboard?
    its Spanish
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you inform the version of the bios? Also, have you tried changing the keyboard?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MarceloDevia

Tinkerer

Options
    My bios is Insyde Corp v1.11 (July 21st, 2015).  Currently now i'm on a USB Keyboard and all keys works properly fine. So, 
    i'm guessing, that the laptop keyboard or internal connection port are damaged.

for all your advice, thank you very much!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    So I recommend that you try to just disconnect the keyboard from the main board and then connect the keyboard again.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MarceloDevia

Tinkerer

Options
    for those who have the same problem... no solution after all. i'm still using the same machine but forcefully with an external keyboard.
  • Priyankasharma
    Priyankasharma Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hii MarceloDavia..I am facing the same problem as you mentioned here...can you please guide me?...Did you get the solution for that?..please help.

Thankyou