Emergency Service needs assistance W500

BBMcr999
BBMcr999 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
Hi Group l am a Duty Controller with Blood Bikes Manchester. We deliver urgent blood and breast milk to the NHS at times of crisis. I use my Acer Iconia W500 to dispatch our riders and drivers and monitor them on mission for safety. My system has become corrupt and require a genuine iso for windows 7 my touch screen will calibrate but still the touchscreen is erratic and it shows memory full. Can anybody assist we are a volunteer group and l need to be portable and this machine suits my needs perfectly
Thanks Rod
https://bbmcr.org/
#itswhatwedo

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Boy, the W500 is pretty old. Hopefully you are not running into hardware issues. My first real Acer was a W700, the W500s big brother.
    Your machine came with W7 and a few people upgraded to W8 and W10 with it. The drive in your system is an mSATA card, they shipped with either 32GB or 64GB versions. Have you tried here to download the Windows image? That's the Microsoft site and it still seems to be up. Unless your model was the W500P you want the Home version and either way 32bit.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Boy, the W500 is pretty old. Hopefully you are not running into hardware issues. My first real Acer was a W700, the W500s big brother.
    Your machine came with W7 and a few people upgraded to W8 and W10 with it. The drive in your system is an mSATA card, they shipped with either 32GB or 64GB versions. Have you tried here to download the Windows image? That's the Microsoft site and it still seems to be up. Unless your model was the W500P you want the Home version and either way 32bit.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BBMcr999
    BBMcr999 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you so much, thats really useful and l will look at this tomorrow as l am away at the seaside on a well earned rest day Kindest Regards Rod