Can't update Bios on my Acer Predator Desktop Predator PO9-900

chirayu
chirayu Member Posts: 5 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
I've tried everything before coming here and I hope someone here has been successful in fixing this error on an acer desktop before. 

I am unable to do an bios update on my Acer Desktop, here's the URL to my desktop support page and the error I am getting while trying to flash it.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7474?b=1&pn=D9.E0JPW.002

C:\Users\XX\Desktop\bios4\WIN>AFUWINx64.EXE ..\ROM\R01-B2.CAP
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|                 AMI Firmware Update Utility v5.09.03.1470                 |
|      Copyright (C)2017 American Megatrends Inc. All Rights Reserved.      |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 Reading flash ............... done
 Secure Flash enabled, recalculate ROM size with signature... Enable.
 - FFS checksums ......... ok
 - Check RomLayout ......... Ok.
 Loading capsule to secure memory buffer ... done
18 - Error: Secure Flash Rom Verify fail.

Thank you for any input/suggestions you can provide.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Which BIOS version is installed right now? It looks like the R01-A series are one size and the R01-B are another, so they might be for different motherboards. I assume you are launching the update using the batch file?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • chirayu
    UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. D07 10/13/2017 is what I am running and I have tried everything including efi shell but it fails each time.
  • billsey
    Is the "American Megatrends Inc. D07 10/13/2017" what System Information shows? It doesn't match the R01-B2 nomenclature you are trying to install.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • chirayu
    Yes it does, system information is where I got it from, I actually tried all available for my desktop model and none of them work. Same error plus buffer full errors. Have you see anything like this before?
  • chirayu
    Acer support is refusing to even give me any pointers and asking me to go take it to a repair shop LOL
  • chirayu
    billsey said:
    Is the "American Megatrends Inc. D07 10/13/2017" what System Information shows? It doesn't match the R01-B2 nomenclature you are trying to install.

• billsey
    That is weird, I thought all the PO9-900 models had the 7th or 8th gen processors, yours is 9th gen, so must be a newer motherboard than I show in my specs. The new motherboard is likely why the BIOSes for the old one won't work. You likely already have the newest for your board.