Can't keep Wifi on during sleep on CB515-1HT

markus64
markus64 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
In spite of having enabled "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" I lose my connection each time my Chromebook goes to sleep, whether that's when the screen times out, out or by closing the lid. I've powerwashed it to no effect. Any suggestions for how I can get it to stop dropping the connection on sleep? It's a mild annoyance, but it takes a few seconds to reconnect each time after waking.

Also, this is not specific to my home network: it happens on any network I connect to. Thanks.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Does it also drop even with a really short sleep? Or does it only happen if you go into sleep and stay there for a while...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • markus64
    @billsey If I even close the top for a couple of seconds and reopen it, the WiFi drops.
  • billsey
    edited July 2020
    OK, that sounds pretty immediate. Are there any properties available for the wireless adapter, and does it have any power options?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • markus64
    @billsey It's actually a Chromebook.
  • billsey
    Yes I know. I thought there was a way to get that level of info under advanced settings, but I'm not seeing it on the Chromebook I have handy. Maybe I had to have developer options on before it was visible...
  • markus64
    @billsey Thanks for the effort, anyway.