Front Panel USB 3 Ports Not Working Right

BNFCommander
BNFCommander Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives

I have a TC-780 PC (SNID: XXXXX), BIOS and Windows up-to-dates current.  Front panel right USB 3 works (with a mouse and flash drive), and left does not, when plugged into USB3F1.  When I plug the cable into CRF2, the front panel left USB 3 works, and right does not work.  Both USB 3 slots power USB power bank with either left or right port.

Edited the content to hide sensitive information

Acer-Samuel

Answers

• Have you tried to disconnect the front panel connector here?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BNFCommander
    BNFCommander Member Posts: 2 New User
    There is nothing connected to CRF2; the USB cable is plugged in to USB3F1.
  • then check the connector marked in black:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,867 Trailblazer
    Let's look at a bigger view of the MB:
    @egydiocoelho is talking about headers 11 and 14, each have support for two USB ports on the one cable. It looks like they are both in the same orientation, so I would expect a cable issue to show identically with either header. Header 7 is also USB, but only one port and as you can see it needs a different connector.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.