Can you upgrade the graphics card in the acer aspire tc-885-eb17?

Options
BenBeauvais
BenBeauvais Member Posts: 3 New User
I want to buy this computer, but am hoping that the graphics card can be upgraded later.

Are there any good gaming graphics cards that can be installed in the TC-885-eb17?

Best Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,006 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I want to buy this computer, but am hoping that the graphics card can be upgraded later.

Are there any good gaming graphics cards that can be installed in the TC-885-eb17?

Yes you can, any of the newer Nvidia GeForce RTX or AMD Radeon RX and XT (depends on your budget?) will be ok as the TC-885-EB17 comes with 12GB DDR4 SDRAM ram (which you could upgrade to DDR4 SDRAM of 32GB max) and comes with the i5-9400 cpu and has 1x PCI Express x16 Slot that will be more than adequate to be implemented for a good gaming system and to max these graphics cards out. Also, I would upgrade to an ssd drive and you have to change the power supply of the TC-885-EB17 as it comes with a 300W PS and these cards need a minimum 500W PS and more power is needed.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The 1650 is in that price range on Amazon.ca.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes you can, any of the newer Nvidia GeForce RTX or AMD Radeon RX and XT (depends on your budget?) will be ok as the TC-885-EB17 comes with 12GB DDR4 SDRAM ram (which you could upgrade to DDR4 SDRAM of 32GB max) and comes with the i5-9400 cpu and has 1x PCI Express x16 Slot that will be more than adequate to be implemented for a good gaming system and to max these graphics cards out. Also, I would upgrade to an ssd drive and you have to change the power supply of the TC-885-EB17 as it comes with a 300W PS and these cards need a minimum 500W PS and more power is needed.

• BenBeauvais
    Options

Is there any graphic cards you would recommend that's under 250$ cad? Also is the system able to support a gtx gpu?

• StevenGen
    edited August 2020
    Options

I would recommend the ‘MSI GEFORCE GTX 1660 TI VENTUS XS 6G OC” for a $250 budget (have a look on Amazon or eBay you could get this card cheaper) and make sure that it’s the GTX 1660 TI VENTUS hat has a boost clock speed of 1830 MHz and a GPU memory size of 6GB and not just the GTX 1660. The MSI graphics cards are very good and reliable and I’ve used them and their mainboards extensively, this MSI card will improve your Aspire TC-885-EB17 tremendously and you will have great gaming fun with it.

• BenBeauvais
    Options
    Thank you for the recommendation. Yes it is probably 250$ usd but I'm Looking for Canadian Price, I'm looking at the gpu and it's 400$. any other recommendation for a gtx gpu Canadian price?
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The 1650 is in that price range on Amazon.ca.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mxkaramccartney
    mxkaramccartney Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Got the latest RX series. Had to remove the hard disk frame and now it won't fit again. How the heck is this ever supposed to work.

Extremely frustrating to have to deal with Stadia shutting down and then as soon as I try to make this thing work for basic gaming on a 4gb RX 6500 XT it's like ? why?

RX series newest model does not fit.

• billsey
    Options

It depends on the manufacturer of the card, each tends to use their own form factor and you just have to choose one that's smaller than the others.