Acer Aspire XC-866 SSD Upgrade

aaron12321
aaron12321 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hi,

I just purchased an Aspire XC-866 and I want to install an SSD. The specs say this computer has a M.2 slot for an upgrade but I had a couple of questions about it:
  1. Where is the M.2 slot located? Is there a motherboard diagram I can reference?
  2. What type of M.2 SSD can I use: PCIe, SATA or NVME? Is it a B-Key or M-Key?
  3. What are the supported SSD dimensions / lengths? 
  4. Are there any officially recommended SSDs?
Appreciate any assistance!

Answers

• 1) Check here:

2 e 3) 
    It is possible that this configuration may vary, depending on the revision of the motherboard and the bios:

4) check here: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Aspire-XC-886/166715

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    The Optane support is the clue, that means you can use NVMe. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.